Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 29th June 2011

Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,495 Posts
Liked 4,386 Times in 1,982 Posts
Beth and Troy of Illinois

From my archives, a US wedding from 2005 shot on film and digitized.
The assignment resulted from an enquiry by the bride's mother who had seen my work online.
Unlike Australian wedding photography most American weddings are shot almost entirely indoors.
I had never been to the USA and the prospect of photographing a wedding there was at once daunting, exciting, above all challenging.

After some negotiation we cut a deal. I would supply a deluxe, hand-formatted 30 page wedding album, plus all negs and copyright shared between client a self
in return for an return E-ticket, Melbourne to Chicago, Accommodation, and showing me around for a month. I had never met my clients before they met me at Chicago's O'Hare Airport a week before the wedding to allow me to do my research. The following images are a few of the pages which I photographed before shipping the album.

Pamela, the Bride's mother showed me the sights of Chicago and bought me a cap!

Post-wedding - The bride and self in the backyard of her parent's home - I liked her hair better cut short!

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
Old 30th June 2011
Floribunda

Re: Beth and Troy of Illinois

Nice Wedding photos Mark - You cut a pretty good deal!

My first thoughts on seeing the photos was that the fashion hasn't changed all that much - the bridesmaids could have stepped out in 2011.

Too much stress in Wedding Photography for me - what if it all goes pear-shaped!
Old 30th June 2011

Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,495 Posts
Liked 4,386 Times in 1,982 Posts
Re: Beth and Troy of Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floribunda View Post
Nice Wedding photos Mark - *1. You cut a pretty good deal!

My first thoughts on seeing the photos was that *2. the fashion hasn't changed all that much - the bridesmaids could have stepped out in 2011.

Too much stress in Wedding Photography for me - *3. what if it all goes pear-shaped!
*1. With benefits ...

*2. They are 10 years ahead - ask Oprah.

*3. Human canon balls don't think of that. But you are right to ask "what if ..." and in this instance it almost did. At reheasal I dropped my Oly C-5050 digital on the unforgiving church floor, hideously smashing the monitor. The C-5050 was a pro level P&S with an F1.8 aspherical lens, ideal to capture the natural ambient lighting of the ceremony. That left me with two back up film cameras, an OM2n and a Nikon F4s for the wedding - it could be said that I was slightly under equipped but the shoot went fine and the clients and their friends were delighted with the pics and their album.

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill