Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 20th May 2009
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Did a wedding as 2nd tog... sample shot...

Hi All

Was fortunate a few weeks ago to bump into an old friend I hadn't seen for some time, and who is a wedding photographer. We got chatting and I mentioned I had become interested in photography and gave him a reference to my gallery.

Lo and behold, a few days later he calls me after looking at the gallery and asked if I'd like to accompany him as #2nd tog at two of his weddings The one was to see if I could do the job (which was last Sat) and which was at no charge, and another one he has asked if I'd come along as official #2nd tog and he offered to pay me - wow eh!!

I don't want to post more than one image as yet, as the bride & groom havn't seen their shots. The good news is that after seeing them online, he has asked if he could have all the shots I took... wohoooo!!

Here's a sample. I just missed what I'd call a good shot by not capturing the full bouquet.

Old 20th May 2009

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts
Re: Did a wedding as 2nd tog... sample shot...

Nice shot John.
Old 20th May 2009
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,506 Times in 2,143 Posts

Good for you. John. It could be the start of something interesteing, let us know how it goes.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 20th May 2009

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

I don't think you are missing a lot on that shot John, if you want the full bouquet I would want to change the angle rather than the crop to avoid a whole load of 'space'.

Is this off camera flash or portrait with the flash in the shoe on the left - if you see what I mean! Works here very well.
Old 20th May 2009
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_owl View Post
I don't think you are missing a lot on that shot John, if you want the full bouquet I would want to change the angle rather than the crop to avoid a whole load of 'space'.

Is this off camera flash or portrait with the flash in the shoe on the left - if you see what I mean! Works here very well.
Thanks photo_owl,

This shot was with the E-3, and the FL-50 attached on top. I used the built in diffuser with the shot and you're right, it was a portrait orientation with the FL-50 therefore to the left of the bride. I did have to straighten the image a little, maybe 5 degrees. But almost... what you see is what was taken (apart from the added vignetting)