Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 22nd July 2017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Olympus Camedia MAUSB-2 Driver

Hello,
does anyone know where i am able to get the drivers or official software for this product?
I have tried a few websites but the zip files contained nothing i could use to read the images on my card.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 23rd July 2017

Thanked 1,131 Times in 707 Posts
Liked 1,469 Times in 734 Posts
Re: Olympus Camedia MAUSB-2 Driver

I'm sure I have a Camedia software disk from my Oly e20. What I don't know is if it has the required drivers you seem to need. Am I correct in thinking that the required drivers refer to reading the old type Smart-Media memory cards? My e20 takes two types of memory card - Smart-Media and CF cards.

When I use the camera, even tho' I have both types, I use the CF cards which is why I'm unsure if the drivers exist on the software disks(s)?

Not sure if this is what you are after?

http://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/supp...ndex_other.cfm

http://semantic.gs/olympus_mausb-2_driver_download_2016

If not, it might help get you started in your search?

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Old 23rd July 2017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes its the smart media card with just one slot, the long flat one somewhat reminiscently of if a floppy disk had a child with a credit card

I downloaded the supposed drivers from 3 different places with no avail, then tried to download the master utility software (?) But that told me I need to enter company details which I don't have

Apparently the card will be able to be used with a modern (at least more modern) reader so I guess I'll try getting that.
I think one of the reasons was because the latest drivers I was able to find were for xp o windows and I'm in windows 10, I tried pulling out ye olde Toshiba tecra 8000 from 98 but apparently there was no Ethernet at that time and couldn't connect to the internet

Thanks for your help, I'll be able to update soon
Old 23rd July 2017

Thanked 1,131 Times in 707 Posts
Liked 1,469 Times in 734 Posts

Just out of curiousity, if using W10, have you tried running the software / driver downloads under a vitual box? For example, within an XP or W7 environment?

If all else fails and you're stuck between a brick and a hard place, I could let you borrow the Camedis CD disk software pack that came with the e-20? Of course, there's no guarantee it would work, but might be worth trying even if it involves setting up a virtual box.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs