Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 27th November 2013

Liked 71 Times in 37 Posts
ACDSee Pro 7 update for E-M1 etc.

ACDSee Pro 7.0 Build 138 Release has now been released and includes the Olympus E-M1 .orf files as one of the RAW types that it can now handle.
As it is installing now I haven't had a chance to test it but its good to see that ACDsee has responded quickly to the new Oly - I've been missing my RAW editing of late so back to the computer to try it out
http://www.acdsee.com/en/support/acd...-notes/7-0-138

Regards
Chris
Old 27th November 2013

Re: ACDSee Pro 7 update for E-M1 etc.

Well at first looks, it ain't working for my version of the E-M1 orf files. So whether its been tested on a pre-release version of the RAW file or not tested properly, it may not be the light at the end of the tunnel for my RAW editing yet!
The update loaded fine, I have restarted Windows also just to check that everything was registering with each other, but when I try to View or Develop a E-M1 RAW file I get a 'The source data format is not recognised' - although I can get to see a Preview of the file when the cursor is over the thumbnail in the browser/Manage window (presumably this is the RAW jpeg thumbnail that is showing).
So possibly back to the jpgs for the time being. if anyone has it working, pleased update here.

Regards
Chris
Old 27th November 2013

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts

I had already updated it even though I rarely use it for raw conversion, I do not have the E-M1 but after seeing your post I downloaded a E-M1 Orf File from the net and ACDSee Pro 7 handles it fine, viewing and processing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/
Old 27th November 2013

Thanks Paul.
It may be something to do with the database not updating very quickly, as I've now noticed that one folder of E-M1 RAW files has now updated thumbnails and is allowing me to access the Develop mode.
However, despite a long break away from the computer, the other folders have yet to play ball! So I will check out settings to see whether there is something obvious being missed. Hopefully it is just a case of patience while ACDsee catches up with all my recent E-M1 photos.

Regards
Chris
Old 28th November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Thanks Paul.
It may be something to do with the database not updating very quickly, as I've now noticed that one folder of E-M1 RAW files has now updated thumbnails and is allowing me to access the Develop mode.
However, despite a long break away from the computer, the other folders have yet to play ball! So I will check out settings to see whether there is something obvious being missed. Hopefully it is just a case of patience while ACDsee catches up with all my recent E-M1 photos.

Regards
Chris
Hopefully my final update - yes it was to do with the database needing to update all the E-M1 RAW files, which seemed very slow (probably due to too many photos & videos taken in a short time). It has now completed this and I am able to 'Develop' my E-M1 RAW files - hallelujah!

For any user of ACDsee Pro, it looks like Pro 8 will be out in the not too distant future - Pro 7 has been a most worthwhile RAW editor/catalogue management tool, so it will be interesting to see what Pro 8 brings.

Regards
Chris