Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 6th July 2012

Liked 445 Times in 215 Posts
It's getting closer....

For those who are interested in the big Olympic torch relay, it came through near to home yesterday in glorious weather...plenty of people out to welcome it, so here's a couple from the few I took yesterday..

It rain here today till this afternoon so it was pretty lucky yesterday to catch some sun.

Peter
Old 6th July 2012

Liked 172 Times in 119 Posts
Re: It's getting closer....

I like watching the sinister grey-shirted jogging security guards.
Every shot, every TV clip they're there. Personally I find them the most interesting bit.

What are the green t-shirts doing? Are they atop a bus?
Old 7th July 2012

Liked 445 Times in 215 Posts
Re: It's getting closer....

Yes the green shirts were all on open topped buses....just the usual corporate sponsors thingy, loud music, big screens on the sides on the buses...

I did smile when just before the main torch came through, a Coke a Cola vehicle came through as official sponsor handing out cold coke to bystanders, and my son informed me that the ordinary coke contains over 1/3rd of the adult daily intake of sugar in 1 can !! i'm sure the athletes will be drinking that!

I was surprised by the grey shirted security people..all had met police badges on the shirts and as you say have been there all the way, some were on bikes, several in cars (BMW's) probably having a nice jolly hiking all the way around GB. Plus the support coach had more faces I recognised from the TV...but the torch bearers were really enjoying it..

Cheers for the comments

Peter