Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 23rd February 2008
theenigma

Talking Hi from Kent!

Hi there folks,

I have been lurking here for a little while and so I thought its time for me to come out of the wood work and introduce myself!

I would like to think I have been a regular at both DPR and Fourthirds for the last 3 or so years. I decided to focus mainly on Fourthirds after I saw the way some posters were treated at DPR, I do check there occasionally but mainly spend my time on Fourthirds nowadays.

I came across this site after signing up to Fourthirds-User, finally itís nice to see a UK version of Fourthirds! I almost felt alone over here in Blighty!

Itís great to know we have a thriving community over here. I recognise some familiar faces (hi Tim the Grey, peak4, ptomsu, Haisbro, Henk, padgreen) I'm sure I have missed some out! Nice to know that I'm in good company.

I got into the E System nearly 4 years back when I spotted an article about the upcoming E300. I was intrigued to say the least not only because of the slightly odd design but also because of the way the specs read. No more 1.5x conversion factor just a straight 2x!
Very easy for me to understand, not only that but also the dust buster and the look of the lenses really caught my imagination. Shortly after reading about it I found one in my local camera shop and, upon holding it, fell in love!

I managed to get quite a collection of lenses (and a lovely new E1) but had to sell them after I started uni to pay for tuition fees. I now have just the E1 body. I'm hoping to get hold of a few lenses now that I am taking a year out of uni to get back into the swing of things.

I did manage to take quite a few pics when I had my gear and can't wait to post it up for others to see.

I would like to develop my Ďtography skills over time and would love to get published one day!

Anyway I think thatís all there is to know about me so Iíll let my keyboard cool down now whilst I go searching for some pics to post!

I think I'm going to like it here,

Cheers,

Harv
Old 23rd February 2008

Liked 178 Times in 118 Posts
Re: Hi from Kent!

Hi Harv, Must get out and use the 50mm more often!

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 23rd February 2008

Liked 795 Times in 272 Posts

Hi Harv -

I know the desire - I have it, but yet to take great pix. This site is a great learning curve and I hope you enjoy it it as much as myself.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 23rd February 2008

Liked 946 Times in 363 Posts

Welcome Marv from another one from Kent.
Dave.
Old 23rd February 2008
Scapula Memory

Welcome Harv, there is a lot you can learn from here, some very knowledgeable togs sharing pics and PP tips. I have certainly learnt a fair bit since being here, hope you enjoy it.
Old 23rd February 2008

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

hi Harv............

Kent's the new Oly heartland!
Old 24th February 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do hope you manage to get some lenses soon so you can get back to taking pictures, it's sad you had to sell the others. I wonder if it might be worth putting a 'wanted' in the For Sale section of this site?