Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 11th August 2008
del

hello and help

Hi all, my first time on here so hello to all I just got my e510 really happy with it but think a may have done something silly or maybe a fault with camera. I cannot get it to select the custom reset so i can set it up the way i want either i have done something silly or i got to return camera so if anyone can help it woulkd be great!! del
Old 11th August 2008
Makonde

Re: hello and help

Quote:
Originally Posted by del View Post
Hi all, my first time on here so hello to all I just got my e510 really happy with it but think a may have done something silly or maybe a fault with camera. I cannot get it to select the custom reset so i can set it up the way i want either i have done something silly or i got to return camera so if anyone can help it woulkd be great!! del
Hi Del

I was puzzling over this the other day with my 520 though the manual is not the clearest on this point.

You can't access custom reset in auto mode. Set the knob to P or another user-dominated mode.

Assuming the 510 is like the 520, then Custom Reset has three reset choices but as received, you have only the factory settings. You can have two different customised sets of settings of your own as well. To do that you first have to register them in My Mode. Then you'll see that the two additional settings have the 'Set' option alongside them instead of 'No Data.'

That should do the trick.
Old 11th August 2008
Administrator

Liked 1,580 Times in 910 Posts

Welcome to both of you, and well done on getting this sorted out so quick.

As with many things these days, it's so easy once you know how and when all else fails, ask someone. Here is always a good place to ask as there is bound to be someone that knows the answer

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
Old 11th August 2008
del

Thanks for info, got it sorted you where right cant use custom reset mode in auto so problem sorted thank you for help..
Old 11th August 2008

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts

Welcome to you both. I must admit its pretty impressive when two new members post and solve problems between themselves. Is this the first time this has happened?

Well now thats all sorted out, look forward to seeing some posts in foto fare.

Cheers

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 11th August 2008
del

Thanks for the nice welcome from both Peter d and Makonde ,I only just joined and i feel at home, del
Old 11th August 2008
Makonde

Quote:
Thanks for the nice welcome from both Peter d and Makonde ,I only just joined and i feel at home, del
Glad it's sorted.

By the way Del, if you don't know it already there is a very good article on settings for the E510 (also of relevance to the 520) here.. In fact wrotniak's website is full of interesting stuff for Olympus users...
Old 11th August 2008

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
You are very welcome and Makonde's advice re the wrotniak's website is spot on. His various descriptions of the camera settings and recommendations that he gives, have provided many of us with a good baseline from which to refine the settings. This was particularly useful for E3 owners but also I found the descriptions on the E500 very useful.

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/