Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 18th June 2008
Snowdales

Why are my panoramas lack quality?

I'm using Olympus Master for my editing. When I stitch my panorams together they seem to quality. Become all pixellated. I was wondering why might happen? I haven't had my SLR long (E410) and not yet used to it.
Old 18th June 2008
gno

Re: Why are my panoramas lack quality?

Hi Snowdales,

Post an example panorama so we can see, I think then perhaps you will get a more informed response.

Regards

Gavin
Old 19th June 2008
Snowdales

This is a link to the picture of Pendle Hill which is landsscape gallery. Im new to this and don't seem to be able to attach picture to this message. Thanks Gavin..Best wishes Tina
Old 19th June 2008
gno

Hi Tina,

There seems to be a problem with your link it's only showing placemarkers.

Regards

Gavin
Old 20th June 2008

Liked 686 Times in 361 Posts

Since I am not seeing any examples, I am only guessing here.

Did you stitch in JPG? if so what's the original resolution you started with? Do you know that Jpeg degrades with each editing and saving? did you set the slider to max quality when saving? And size of those saved panorama? Did you limit the size?

One of the ways is to use TIFF in stitching. Both the sequence and finish to be in TIFF then only convert to JPEG for resizing and posting.

All my garbage so far.
Old 21st June 2008
gno

I found your panorama of Pendle Hill and from what I can see I have to agree with blu-by-u there does not appear to be a high enough resolution and so it looks pixelated and flat.

Perhaps the following link may help.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...g-software.htm

Regards

Gavin
Old 23rd June 2008
gno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdales View Post
I'm using Olympus Master for my editing. When I stitch my panorams together they seem to quality. Become all pixellated. I was wondering why might happen? I haven't had my SLR long (E410) and not yet used to it.
Just out of curiosity I printed your image out at actual size 11 inches x 3 inches. The pixelation is not noticable at this size and I would have been very pleased if this had been my first attempt at stitching a panorama together.

Practice they say brings perfection!

Regards

Gavin