Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5

Olympus OM-D E-M5 The first Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 21st May 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sealed lenses ?

I like the idea of the weatherproofing on the OM D and it's standard zoom, Is there a weatherproofed telephoto ? or are there any plans for one ?
Old 21st May 2012
Administrator

Thanked 3,147 Times in 2,456 Posts
Liked 4,454 Times in 2,115 Posts
Re: sealed lenses ?

You can use an adapter to fit the full range of Olympus Four Thirds HG and SHG lenses to Micro Four Thirds cameras, but unfortunately at present there is only one native weather sealed lens, the 12-50mm. The new Panasonic 12-35mm announced today may also be sealed but there is still some confusion over how well sealed it actually is. Now we have a sealed camera, the E-M5, I'm sure that more native sealed lenses will follow in due course.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 22nd May 2012
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

I think that the new, not yet available, Olympus m4/3 60mm and 75mm lenses may be sealed. One of them is at least, but I cannot remember which!

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 22nd May 2012

Liked 583 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff s View Post
I like the idea of the weatherproofing on the OM D and it's standard zoom, Is there a weatherproofed telephoto ? or are there any plans for one ?
The 60mm macro lens will be weatherproof, on the basis of use more outdoors. The 75mm I have read will not be weatherproof.

Amanda