Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Dealers' Den

Dealers' Den The idea of this board is to provide a link between e-group members and Olympus UK dealers.

Old 1st September 2011

Liked 946 Times in 363 Posts
LCe Strand

While staying at the London Savoy the other week I popped next door to LCE sus out the Olympus XZ-1.
Needless to say I bought a used one, yes used, even thought they have only been out a couple of months.
I took it home and played with it, very happy with it till it conked out on me. On turning camera on the lens would extend and then retract, buttons and shutter inop.
I rang LCE on Tue last week, camera collected same day and this morning a brand new XZ-1 was delivered to me with apologies for the inconvenience.

Very good service in my book.

Oh, just to prove it was the Savoy, here is a pic of my camera case that the porter brought to my suite.
It was my wedding anniversary and we only stayed one night
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 1st September 2011

Liked 129 Times in 69 Posts
Re: LCe Strand

What service!

Smaller camera shops often excel whereas shopping in the chains can be a very average experience in many ways. A small town near me has an LCE and a chain store on opposite sides of the marketplace. One had enthusiastic staff who were happy to help, the other had someone with little knowledge of gear and whose only comment on the lens being rather awkwardly handled was that it was expensive.

Guess which shop was which and got my money...