Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-620/600

Olympus E-620/600 An Olympus 12.1MP mid-range compact DSLR, the E-620 and the feature-reduiced version, the E-600.

Old 11th February 2011

Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts
two questions

One I found while trying to set the other.
1. Setting up fill in flash, says you can do it..............but I cannot seem to get it to work.

2.I have the cameras set to sRBG as I print with photohosp should they be aRBG.Red it would not make much diffrence with a E620 or E600
Old 12th February 2011

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,024 Posts
Liked 2,066 Times in 1,119 Posts
Re: two questions

Hi Roberta,
I will attempt to answer one of those questions.
For your E620 & E600, if using P, A, S or M modes (not sure about Auto with the adjustments) fill flash can be achieved by just using your popup flash on the camera in daylight to fill up a shaded area & the amount of flash can be varied with + or - amounts by holding the flash button & turning the thumb wheel (or changing it in the Super Control Panel) & the exposure can be changed by holding the [+/-] button on the top right & changing the value with the wheel to give a good balance between the surrounding areas compared to shaded subject.

If you are using an external flash such an FL36(R) & FL50(R), they can be changed from TTL to FP-TTL to allow faster shutter speeds than the normal flash speed of your camera (which is at 1/180 sec. or less) up to the maximum shutter speed of your camera (1/4000 sec.). Again the flash level can be adjusted from the camera or by the wheel(s) on the flash unit. Both the adjustments will add to each other if both are adjusted from zero.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross the fiddler For This Useful Post:
Roberta (12th February 2011)
Old 12th February 2011

Liked 298 Times in 175 Posts

Hi Roberta,

On the question of colour space I used to record in Adobe RGB but always struggled to get the same degree of saturation in my prints or web postings as I was seeing in Photoshop Elements. Advice from several on this forum suggested using sRGB in camera as this is the colour space that most monitors use. Problem solved!

Regards

David
Old 12th February 2011

Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Ross why don't they say that in the $#@@& manual, no where does it mention the rotation of knob, I have bought a FL50R, I have found that easy, but as I read the said manual thought there was a way using the inbuilt flash.

On the other question I did then do a lot of reading on line and I think I will stick to sRBG.

So thank you, I think I am an idiot with all the duh questions.........but I am learning, and now experimenting with them.
Roberta
Old 12th February 2011

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,024 Posts
Liked 2,066 Times in 1,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Ross why don't they say that in the $#@@& manual, no where does it mention the rotation of knob, I have bought a FL50R, I have found that easy, but as I read the said manual thought there was a way using the inbuilt flash.

On the other question I did then do a lot of reading on line and I think I will stick to sRBG.

So thank you, I think I am an idiot with all the duh questions.........but I am learning, and now experimenting with them.
Roberta
Roberta, I have been misleading you slightly. I forgot the E620 doesn't have the second wheel & to change the flash (compensation) level settings you need to hold both the flash button & the [+/-] button together & then rotate the wheel. Sorry for not getting it right the first time.

I would recommend reading John @ biofos for his settings for the E620 http://biofos.com/esystem/e620_set.html as they are very helpful in understanding & using the right settings for when you need them.

Cheers
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).