Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 29th February 2008

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello Y,all

So the day job is making sure professional cinematographers get well serviced motion picture cameras where we have some camera bodies costing as much as 250K. The lenses either in-house or from Zeiss or Cookes in Leicester are anywhere up to 20K each for primes and double that for zooms from Angenieux in France. Oh we also supply HD cameras with equally eye watering prices.
On the Oly front many years ago we purchased Pen FT lenses (half frame) that we remounted for cinematography and we used hundreds of the OM right angle finders as part of a pentafinder to put cinematography lenses on for recces. Other stills lenses used are primarily from Leica which are wide spread in the movie industry again remounted. All our lenses are tested on a 250K MTF machine, a T-Stop M/C and are projected to check for colour fringing, distortion & edge sharpness.

So why did I choose Four Thirds? Simple purpose designed for digital photography where more importantly than the camera the lenses are optimised for digital not film.
Old 1st March 2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Hello Y,all

Hi and welcome,

From my view point your job look interesting.

Given the quality of our lenses, I aleays wondered if video camera makers would adopt an interchangable lens system for consumer/prosumer cameras?

Why not the 4/3rds mount? Its an open format.

Just image the "Bigma" lens on a camcorder
Old 1st March 2008

Liked 833 Times in 279 Posts

Hi N I -

Gosh what a great job.

Welcome to e-group.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 1st March 2008
BigD

welcome to e-systems .

Dave.
Old 1st March 2008
Scapula Memory

Interesting job, welcome on board here and nice to see more people from the royal county!
Old 1st March 2008
emirpprime

Hello,
Welcome to the forum. I think with your profession your presence is a good ego boost for all those E-system'ers often criticised for our slightly smaller sensor Good to know someone who deal with very high end kit likes 4/3rds.
I hope you enjoy it here,
Phil
Old 2nd March 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about, but we have something in common because I went to school in Bracknell.
Old 2nd March 2008
PeterD

Welcome on board. I share Ellie's comments that I have no idea what your job is all about other than it seems very interesting.

I am sure that you will have a lot to contribute as well as gain from the site.

PeterD
Old 2nd March 2008

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

We basically rent cameras & lenses to make films like "Harry Potter" (currently shooting no. 6) TV Dramas like "Cranford" and TV commercials. In the film credits you sometimes see "Filmed In P...........".
Old 2nd March 2008
PeterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Invicta View Post
We basically rent cameras & lenses to make films like "Harry Potter" (currently shooting no. 6) TV Dramas like "Cranford" and TV commercials. In the film credits you sometimes see "Filmed In P...........".
Thanks for the explanation. As I said before, sounds very interesting. Hope you have a good time here.

PeterD
Old 2nd March 2008
Jim

Hi and welcome.
Old 2nd March 2008
E-P1 fan

Good to see you here
Old 2nd March 2008
Scapula Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about, but we have something in common because I went to school in Bracknell.
Well you seem well educated so it could not have been Easthampstead Park or the Garth, though in fairness to the Garth they have turned it around in recent years.