Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th January 2018

Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts
Bombinate - an Olympus experience

How a camera should be like?

Bulky, tiny, light, white, black, fast, inconspicuous, expensive, cheap, silent, with a big sensor, with a small sensor, with many megapixels, with additional features, just photography specifications?

How the photographer using the camera should be?

Should I be able to see things unseen, to catch a moment’s life and death, to place my inner darkness and light into my work, to seek inspiration in everything I see and feel, to seek originality in a time when the wheel has been long invented?

Should I be able to experiment through what I am the world I live in without getting distracted by my camera?

A tailor crafts the clothes to perfectly match the person wearing them. More, there is a symbiotic relation between these two organisms and at that moment they are the same. No more, no less, but a beautiful marriage of desires and actual experience. And only then I can fully trust my companion. My camera.

The following photos have been taken in October 2017, in a two week test session of Olympus equipment kindly granted me by Olympus Romania.

The setup used consisted of OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 300mm f/4.0 IS Pro ED, Olympus MC-14 and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8.

Red miracle
contemplated
in the
immortal nature.

Misty roads
on which we will run
man, boat, red.

Fiery snow
sifted and melted
above the grass.

Continuously bombinating
unceasing running
in silence.

From the middle
into the middle comes
great wonder.

On a field of stars
returning from nowhere
bewilder.

How convenient
everything seems hidden
in plain sight.

Shapes are joining
our dance
harmonious accords start.

Who is carrying me
who is by my side
when a straw is the pillar.

The identity
of whom is on the right side
is ambiguous.

The Following Users Liked This Post:
bassman (25th January 2018), George Dorn (25th January 2018), Greytop (28th January 2018), IainMacD (25th January 2018), iso (26th January 2018), Magus (25th January 2018), MJ224 (24th January 2018), RobEW (25th January 2018), Ross the fiddler (25th January 2018), snaarman (25th January 2018), Steambuff (25th January 2018), steverh (25th January 2018), wornish (25th January 2018), Yorkie (28th January 2018), Zuiko (24th January 2018)

Tags
haiku, nature, olympus, review, wildlife