Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 15th November 2007
Napper

Chain Reaction

A bit of abstract photography for you! This is about a 30% crop of the original shot I just love the colours and the textures in this subject. It is taken from a sculpture made of old bike parts. What do you reckon?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA255118crop2web.jpg (84.2 KB, 32 views)
Old 16th November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Chain Reaction

I'm surprised you've had no comments. (unless my browser is playing up). Your image is very interesting. Different=good in my book. Thanks for sharing.
Old 16th November 2007
beardedwombat

Great colours, rust is always interesting as long as it isn't on something you use! I would like to know what the whole sculpture looks like.
Chris
Old 16th November 2007
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Hi Napper - yes indeed, this is an interesting image but I am not too sure of the crop. You have missed out the top and bottom of the cog wheel which I think would have made a considerable improvement, especially if you had combined this with pin sharp focus and clever use of DoF.

The image seems a little noisy to me though...? Do you have noise filters to use in your PP?