Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 3rd November 2013
IanTField

Re: Message from Olympus UK re E-M1 supply issues

Jamsa - thanks but I am after the 12-40 kit.

If anyone hears of someone having 12-40 kit stock I would be very grateful to know
Old 3rd November 2013

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

I had the same order but was so frustrated in waiting and after being told at the start mid Oct etc I cancelled and bought an E510 as a stop gap spare to an E1, I have a 12-50 and 75-300 mk2 waiting for the body only... I was expecting it two weeks ago, then this last week but now who knows....still think that my c/card should not have been debited until I was notified that it was now in stock.
Old 4th November 2013
IanTField

OK - promising developments this morning which I thought I would share in case others have received the same email that I had from Amazon.

I emailed Olympus over the weekend to say how disappointed I was with the Dec-Feb revised delivery date from Amazon UK and got a response from them this morning to say that they did not recognise those dates and that Amazon UK had not got those dates from them. In addition they said that they hoped to be able to fill all pre-orders during November.

So I was then bracing myself for another couple of weeks wait. I got home this morning (having been at work since Sunday morning - don't ask!) and thought i would just check in on Amazon to see if anything had changed and my order has just changed to dispatching now! :-) Not only that but the cost is now shown against my order of 1,696 !

So fingers crossed I may get my kit in the next couple of days rather than the months Amazon UK had been threatening.

So if anyone is in my position as of yesterday it may be worth hanging in there a few days to see how things develop.
Old 4th November 2013
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

The dates on Amazon's web site probably reflect their anticipated position if someone was ordering today?

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 4th November 2013
IanTField

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
The dates on Amazon's web site probably reflect their anticipated position if someone was ordering today?
No - (as mentioned in my earlier post) I received an email on Saturday saying my order would be delivered Dec - Feb 14
Old 4th November 2013
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTField View Post
No - (as mentioned in my earlier post) I received an email on Saturday saying my order would be delivered Dec - Feb 14
Beg your pardon - I thought it was a generic email. My mistake. Grovel grovel.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 4th November 2013

Liked 78 Times in 40 Posts

Hi.
Below is a copy of the message of the email I sent to Andre Kellerberg and his very prompt response received today.

Good morning Andre.

I was hoping you might be able to give me an update on when I will receive my order placed on 12th September please.
I appreciate you must be very busy and receive many requests like mine and I apologise for any inconvenience.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Steven P

Good morning Steve,
I appreciate your frustration about the delay and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by that.
According to our delivery schedules for this week, your camera should be dispatched end of this week and delivered to you around tuesday next week (along with the HLD-7 and the MMF-3).

I hope this is ok.
Should you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact me any time (my cell phone number is mentioned in my footer too).

The wait will be over soon.

I wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
André

Fantastic news, it should arrive in plenty of time for my week in Lanzarote

Steve

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!
The Following User Says Thank You to paullus For This Useful Post:
catkins (4th November 2013)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
G2EWS (4th November 2013), StephenL (4th November 2013)
Old 4th November 2013

Liked 115 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullus View Post
Hi.
Below is a copy of the message of the email I sent to Andre Kellerberg and his very prompt response received today.
My order story is identical to yours but I haven't had a response to the email I sent today. Mind you, I did say I think Olympus should be offering a discount to match the one some people have received through Amazon... maybe they're adjusting the price . That was some sweet deal.
Old 4th November 2013

Liked 3,048 Times in 876 Posts

I really don't understand why Amazon was offering those crazy prices for a camera which is in short supply. I suppose that's just the way Amazon is. If you see something that looks too good to be true ... buy it!

Ron
The Following User Liked This Post:
paullus (5th November 2013)
Old 5th November 2013
Grumpy Member

Liked 539 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullus View Post
Hi.

Good morning Andre.

I was hoping you might be able to give me an update on when I will receive my order placed on 12th September please.
I appreciate you must be very busy and receive many requests like mine and I apologise for any inconvenience.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Steven P

Good morning Steve,
I appreciate your frustration about the delay and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by that.
According to our delivery schedules for this week, your camera should be dispatched end of this week and delivered to you around tuesday next week (along with the HLD-7 and the MMF-3).

I hope this is ok.
Should you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact me any time (my cell phone number is mentioned in my footer too).

The wait will be over soon.

I wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
André

Fantastic news, it should arrive in plenty of time for my week in Lanzarote

Steve
After contacting Andre a week of two ago on excellent advice from a forum member I had an equally good exchange of emails with him. My order was placed and paid for on the 11th Sept and he readily acknowledged this and committed to dispatch on the 31st Oct subject to stocks arriving. This he achieved and if the courier hadn't sat on it at the Ipswich DHL office for a few hours I could have had it before I left for Yorkshire at lunchtime on the following day (1st Nov).

As it was I had a nice parcel to open on my return Sunday evening

In the meantime my E3 did sterling service in Swaledale as you would expect and I will post a nice tale in the lounge shortly about that.

For those who are still facing a wait. Stick with and don't bale out. It feels great when you get it in your hand even if, like me, you have to adjust to the size and weight reduction from an E3 which is very strange at the moment. It is worth it.

cheers

hec
paullus (5th November 2013), Smallcreep (5th November 2013)
jamsa (5th November 2013), Olybirder (5th November 2013), paullus (5th November 2013), Simon (5th November 2013), Zuiko (5th November 2013)
Old 5th November 2013

Liked 78 Times in 40 Posts

I have to say I really like Andre Kellerberg. He is prompt and effective. In response to his response I did mention my frustration at seeing discounted E-M1 kits being offered by UK outlets before pre-orders have been met.

Andre's response is here.

Hi Steve,

sorry for my late reply this time. We had to check on the price discrepancy issue.
We have looked into this and found that issue was caused by a grey trader was offering product direct from Hong Kong using a UK address. They have been reported and removed as duty and vat are rarely paid which can lead to an Tax Authority investigation into the dealer and the customer. Please be aware that products bought through unofficial channels will not qualify for any European or UK promotions and anyone trying to claim may be reported.

The product will not carry the two year or extended 2 and half year warranty running on the E-M1 in Europe. There have also been instances of returned and used product being sold as new. This would not qualify for repair under normal warranty as we can not be sure what conditions the product has been held or shipped under. There is also the issue of contact and redress with companies registered out side the UK and Europe. Please, please take these things into account when buying as UK law is very specific - your contract of sale is with the retailer. Buyer beware.

So, you are safe with your direct order with Olympus. Also, you are eligible for the free promo items and take advantage of the extended warranty.

Hope I could clarify some of your concerns in this matter.
All the best,
André

So that is Olympus' stance on grey imports.

Steve.

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paullus For This Useful Post:
Bruce Clarke (9th November 2013), G2EWS (5th November 2013), Wee man (5th November 2013)
StephenL (5th November 2013), Wee man (5th November 2013), wellyboot (5th November 2013)
Old 5th November 2013

Thanked 1,151 Times in 1,026 Posts
Liked 1,232 Times in 802 Posts

Thanks for the update.

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
Old 5th November 2013

Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts

Phoned LCE in Bristol today to find out the latest supply info. I was told that they had received some EM1 12-40 kits. Body only kits wouldn't be available for at least two weeks (grhhh!). Was told that Olympus had authorised the store to split kits for those like me who wanted just the body, which they will do. I was also told that if I ordered and paid on Wednesday this week when they have an Olympus in-store day, I would also get a voucher for £100 of free Olympus accessories, but only if you spend £200. Basically we are talking £100 cashback when Oly get the receipts.
Not sure if I would want a full £200 worth of Oly accessories but maybe there are others out there that might. When I get the voucher I will let you know the T&Cs. I think it is valid for a while.
Maybe I could sell it around here for a good price

So with a bit of luck I could have my EM1 on Thursday (I think that they will waive their normal £4-99 delivery charge).

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
The Following User Liked This Post:
G2EWS (6th November 2013)
Old 6th November 2013

Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts

similar story at Park cameras where I pre-ordered ages ago…... They are still awaiting promised body only stock from last week but have had some cameras with lens.

Gary
Old 6th November 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had an email from Olympus this morning saying:

"We are very sorry for the delay due to high demand.

We are aiming to fulfil the pre orders by the end of November."

I had been told early November when I ordered it.

I admit that I didn't order it until mid October, after I had checked my 4/3 lenses on one. The main reason for ordering from Olympus was to make sure that I got an adaptor at the same time as the camera body. No good to me without an adaptor!