Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 26th November 2007
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
If anyone is interested taking shots in Cardiff this Saturday, 1st Dec...

... please feel free to join me and a few other togs who are having a fun day out...

A few members of another super forum I'm a member of - Talk Photography - are coming down to Cardiff this coming Saturday for a togging day out. I don't have specific times just yet, as I know they are traveling from afar so am unsure about their arrival time.

I am hoping to pop along and meet them around lunchtime, then staying for a few hours for wherever this takes us. You are more than welcome to come along at whichever time you happen to be around if you wish - doesn't matter if this is or just an hour or if it's for all day... it is your call entirely, and you'll me made most welcome.

Again, I am not sure of where the exact start/meeting point is for the day, nor am I presently aware of where/when they will be going to their different 'shoot' areas, but I do know they are wanting to take in the Castle & grounds, the town center for candids, the Cardiff Bay area (boats/sea/marina/people), the millennium center (beautiful buildings & where the BBC's Dr Who is made), as well as the river Taff in a last chance attempt to get some leaping Salmon as they find their way up river to spawn. Lots of subjects, and lots to shoot.

So, a fun, busy and very full day of photography is promised. There's only 2 or 3 people their all day, with maybe a few others (such as myself) tagging along at various points throughout the rest of the day. I am sure they will be stopping for food, beer and eats at some point too.

So, there you go... if you are interested please let me know, and as soon as I know the itinerary I shall let you all know.

Old 27th November 2007

Re: If anyone is interested taking shots in Cardiff this Saturday, 1st Dec...

Come on... dont be shy...

OK, it might be a little out of the way for many folk here, but there's a great day planned if anyone fancies a trip.

I am planning to be there with my 10yr old daughter Heather from around 10:30'ish, and am really looking forward to it. So don't be shy, if you fancy a good day togging... feel free to tag along...

Old 27th November 2007
emirpprime

Ironically im closer than usual, as I will be just south east of Bristol, but annoyingly a full day of relative visiting!
Hope you get some takers for cross forum shenanigans!
Phil
Old 27th November 2007

Thanks Phil - either way I shall make sure I get some pics up here for you all to see... some of Heathers too.

I must ask her to register here as well...

Old 27th November 2007
rich s

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Come on... dont be shy...

OK, it might be a little out of the way for many folk here, but there's a great day planned if anyone fancies a trip.

I am planning to be there with my 10yr old daughter Heather from around 10:30'ish, and am really looking forward to it. So don't be shy, if you fancy a good day togging... feel free to tag along...
Sounds to be a great day!
But have only just found this site and am committed with two Christmas meals this Saturday - Loughborough and Birmingham! So Cardiff is stretching things a little.

Another time perhaps!

Rich S
Old 27th November 2007

Absolutely... thanks Rich.

You may want to keep an eye out for a Studio Model session I am trying to arrange for 15th December in Calne. More info soon... watch this space.

Old 27th November 2007
Administrator

Thanked 2,518 Times in 1,268 Posts
Liked 1,690 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
... please feel free to join me and a few other togs who are having a fun day out...

A few members of another super forum I'm a member of - Talk Photography - are coming down to Cardiff this coming Saturday for a togging day out. I don't have specific times just yet, as I know they are traveling from afar so am unsure about their arrival time.

I am hoping to pop along and meet them around lunchtime, then staying for a few hours for wherever this takes us. You are more than welcome to come along at whichever time you happen to be around if you wish - doesn't matter if this is or just an hour or if it's for all day... it is your call entirely, and you'll me made most welcome.

Again, I am not sure of where the exact start/meeting point is for the day, nor am I presently aware of where/when they will be going to their different 'shoot' areas, but I do know they are wanting to take in the Castle & grounds, the town center for candids, the Cardiff Bay area (boats/sea/marina/people), the millennium center (beautiful buildings & where the BBC's Dr Who is made), as well as the river Taff in a last chance attempt to get some leaping Salmon as they find their way up river to spawn. Lots of subjects, and lots to shoot.

So, a fun, busy and very full day of photography is promised. There's only 2 or 3 people their all day, with maybe a few others (such as myself) tagging along at various points throughout the rest of the day. I am sure they will be stopping for food, beer and eats at some point too.

So, there you go... if you are interested please let me know, and as soon as I know the itinerary I shall let you all know.
Good luck with this, John - I'm afraid that while I'd love to join you, I'm committed elsewhere at the weekends for the rest of the year

Cardiff looks like a superb venue - the redevelopment looks very impressive (well it does on episodes of Torchwood )

I'm expecting some excellent shots!

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 27th November 2007
rich s

Quote:

You may want to keep an eye out for a Studio Model session I am trying to arrange for 15th December in Calne. More info soon... watch this space.
That may well be on!

I shall be back in Blighty on the Friday from France - and gong to watch Daniel Smith's blues band playing locally that night (real foot stomping stuff!), but Calne isn't too far from here (Nottingham) and I'd love to attend a model session with the E3.

Keep me in touch.
Old 27th November 2007

Will do Rich.

I spoke with Ian and he is happy for me to promote this on here. I am arranging this on another forum (started doing it before Ian informed me about this site) hence wanting Ians permission to promote on here.

He has kindly agreed, and I will be placing some details here by the weekend.

Old 11th December 2007
rich s

Quote:

Hi

Any more info on the Studio Model session?
Thanks