Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Dealers' Den

Dealers' Den The idea of this board is to provide a link between e-group members and Olympus UK dealers.

Old 10th February 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up London Camera Exchange

Praiseworthy!

First of all a very general sort of 'London Camera Exchange is very good', because I've bought almost all my gear from one or other of their branches and have always found the staff to be both knowledgeable and helpful ... and they never try to push you into buying their 'pet' camera brand, unlike some.

I've recently bought a second hand lens from them. It arrived very promptly, superbly protected by vast amounts of polystyrene peanuts in absolutely enormous box.

As well as the store's 6 month warranty there is, because of 'distance selling regulations', a 28-day option to change my mind. The lens looks like new, has the original box as well as a lens case that looks as if it's never been used.

So, truly excellent service. This instance from the Cheltenham branch.
Old 10th February 2011
Administrator

Liked 1,580 Times in 910 Posts
Thumbs up Re: London Camera Exchange

Seconded. I got a lens from the one in Southampton. Excellent service.

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
Old 10th February 2011

Liked 724 Times in 484 Posts
Re: London Camera Exchange

Thirded. Most of my stuff is from the Salisbury branch and the guys there are very good. They obviously think my gear choice is a little eccentric but are too professional to let it show, apart from the occasional slip

If you have a local branch and see something secondhand that they have at another branch, they will happily ship it across for you.

Ciao ... John
Old 10th February 2011
jalanb

I occasionally look in the window at Cheltenham - which lens did you get Ellie?

Alan
Old 10th February 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too have nothing but praise for LCE service, support and knowledge.

I have used LCE for many years and most of mine and my wife's digital gear has come from them except that which I have bought from forum members. Also almost all of my film cameras and lenses were from them and I have a few.

My local branch in Plymouth have often gone out of their way to help and recently when I was looking for a lens for my wife's Christmas present sourced one from another branch and arranged delivery by special courier delivery on a Saturday.

They also let me know when anything Olympus 4/3 is coming in secondhand and will hold it for me if I express an interet.. The staff in my local branch really know what they are talking about. On a scale of one to ten I give LCE eleven
Old 10th February 2011
Loving my E1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I could agree more with all of the above. I brought my first Olympus camera (an OM20) from the Fareham store, the staff were great, brought it second hand while I was at college. now I regularly go back but my local one is Worcester where they're equally as good.