Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 11th November 2007
Magnumaniac

South Yorkshire checking in...

Hi all,

Directed here from the nice friendly four-thirds user site (who managed to convinve me a couple of months ago that buying an E-510 was the right thing to do - and they were not wrong ).

I have learnt more about photography since getting the E-510 than I did in the past 6-7 years, mostly because it so easy to try new things with it, and such a joy to use.

Previously I had only really been using a camera for my preferred hobby of going to live music events, and it just sat in it's bag in between them. Now I find myself thinking about how a particular scene or view could be composed for maximum effect many times a day, wherever I am. I've still got a hell of a lot to learn, but I'm on my way.

Family think I've gone a bit mad all of a sudden - especially with the prospect of my new found desire to own an E-3 in the not too distant future It will do them all good to go on a bread & rice diet for a couple of months, I'm sure.

Ian.