Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 9th May 2015

Liked 1,277 Times in 726 Posts
Amazon Prime Photo Drive query

Dear all,

Not quite sure which section this fits in, but I'm giving Amazon Prime a try-out (first month free) and I was wondering if anyone else had tried this and had found a way to get Oly .orf raw files accepted in to the free storage section without converting them to digital negative files?

My Fuji and Panasonic raws are fine, of course.

I suspect I shall go for Crashplan in the long term, which allows plenty of other file formats to be stored, but I needed a number of items sent Next Day Delivery from Amazon so a Prime trial seemed worthwhile.

------------------------------
http://www.microcontrast.com
Too much Oly gear.
Panasonic 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.
Old 12th May 2015

Liked 78 Times in 40 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Photo Drive query

I've been with Amazon Prime for a few years. It used to be 49.50 just for free next day delivery and I thought that was good value. Now it's gone up to 79 I wasn't so sure as I have Sky Digital so don't really watch Amazon's Prime video much. But Amazon charge about 5 for next day delivery so as long as I make over 13 Prime purchases I've got my money back. So really it's a good deal especially with the lesser known extras.
I haven't tried the Photo Drive but I'm now going to check it out.
One word of warning, if you search the net for Amazon Prime trial you'll find people complaining that they didn't expect to be automatically charged 79 membership fee if they didn't cancel at the end of the trial period.

***Steve***

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!
Old 12th May 2015

Liked 1,277 Times in 726 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Photo Drive query

Yes, thanks for that. To be fair they do make it clear that you've got to cancel or it'll roll over!

The delivery side of things is fine, although it must be said that the range of items and suppliers available for Prime is a lot smaller than that via the other shipping methods, and they are often a few pounds more expensive (i.e. I reckon I'm paying a couple of quid for next-day delivery on the stuff I need now which is a good deal, but not really what is implied up front).

I have uploaded all my Fuji images, which went smoothly enough: the software for looking at them, recovering folders etc is pretty clunky, but I'm sure they are working on this.

I agree about the video aspects, and I haven't found a Kindle book I want to borrow yet...

------------------------------
http://www.microcontrast.com
Too much Oly gear.
Panasonic 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.