Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 6th October 2016

Liked 444 Times in 218 Posts
Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 64bit Windows 10

The Windows Camera Codec released for Win7 works in Win8 and is built in to Win10 so there's nothing to install/remove. It supports viewing of ORF from my E-PL5 but not my E-M10.
It's annoying Microsoft haven't updated it, I'm not entirely sure why they developed it in the first place.

The Olympus Codec linked above didn't work for me on Win10 anniversary update , 64bit - E-M10 ORF still showing as "mountains" thumbnails - which is a pity
Old 6th October 2016

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbits View Post
Thanks all for your help, Why cant adobe update camera raw for people that buy their software ? .Most of us can not afford to upgrade every year, Free programs like picasa faststone etc work without a problem , just not good enough for fine details .
adobe 5.7.1 may not work with orf , but adobe dng converter will not work with my oly or nikon nef files, can not see them ?.. So away back to windows 7 . Watch this space will let you know how i get on..

thanks all..

The llatest DNG converter will handle all the latest cameras and allow LR5 to be used.It's easier and cheaer than upgrding LR

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/
Old 6th October 2016

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts

Hi I have windows 10 64 bit pro, I have no problem with seeing my raw images from my em5 & my partners em10 didn't need to install anything to do this, the only thing is my software except Olympus viewer 3, will not edit the em10 rows without upgrading the software IE adobe Cs 5 or capture one, I am fed up with the likes to have to upgrade the software to edit raw images from new camera models. I wouldn't mind paying say 10 to update the software to include the new model.

Not 100's for the privilege.
Old 6th October 2016

Liked 466 Times in 206 Posts

Quote:
Thanks all for your help, Why cant adobe update camera raw for people that buy their software ? ...
Adobe don't want you to buy their software! They want you to rent it from them for a juicy monthly fee which guarantees their profit stream.
Their latest financial results (published within the past couple of weeks) show that profits have increased by approx 30% in the past year - mostly attributable to them pushing the subcription model of software supply.

I expect many other s/w companies are looking enviously at this and will be changing accordingly.
Happy days
Old 6th October 2016

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks all , If Olympus sorted out their software and got it to run at a good speed all would be ok. It is not just slow it does not show most adjustments .
Got dng to work but files look bad loss in sharpness and contrast ???
Adobe are too big for their own good now , and i do not want to give them any more money, this is just a hobby..
Free programs like picasa faststone etc work better than a lot of paid programs so why can they not just give us an update for oly raw files..
Old 6th October 2016

Thanked 1,257 Times in 942 Posts
Liked 6,006 Times in 1,955 Posts

Quote:
Thanks all , If Olympus sorted out their software and got it to run at a good speed all would be ok. It is not just slow it does not show most adjustments .
Got dng to work but files look bad loss in sharpness and contrast ???
Adobe are too big for their own good now , and i do not want to give them any more money, this is just a hobby..
Free programs like picasa faststone etc work better than a lot of paid programs so why can they not just give us an update for oly raw files..
I'm no Adobe fan boy, but I pay 8 a month subscription for the world's top two image processing apps (LR and Photoshop). For that I get all updates and patches, including new camera model support. If I were shooting film that would likely cover the cost of processing for one roll and scanning it. Come on - developing this sort of software doesn't come cheap..
Portfolio Site
Instagram
Old 6th October 2016

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
I'm no Adobe fan boy, but I pay 8 a month subscription for the world's top two image processing apps (LR and Photoshop). For that I get all updates and patches, including new camera model support. If I were shooting film that would likely cover the cost of processing for one roll and scanning it. Come on - developing this sort of software doesn't come cheap..
8 a month is a lot if you only use it once in a while ,