Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18th October 2008
grumpy69
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Todays sunrise

Something came from nothing this morning I nearly went home then this. Comments welcome.





Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18th October 2008
snaarman's Avatar
snaarman snaarman is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Baaarkshire UK
Posts: 6,838
Thanks: 494
Thanked 417 Times in 325 Posts
Likes: 492
Liked 1,291 Times in 498 Posts
Re: Todays sunrise

Woah! That first one is something special!!

Pete
__________________
Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.


Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18th October 2008
Xpres
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Todays sunrise

Yep, I agree, the first one has it. If that cloud were just a little whiter...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19th October 2008
DannyH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Todays sunrise

I like the color of the light cloud in the first one, with the dramatic background hues of red and brown behind it. Very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19th October 2008
grumpy69
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Todays sunrise

Thank you I had a very good day yesterday the 1st one is rather cool, I think I have turned a corner with my photo's, I do love my 520
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19th October 2008
PeterD PeterD is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,248
Thanks: 44
Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts
Likes: 14
Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Re: Todays sunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy69 View Post
Thank you I had a very good day yesterday the 1st one is rather cool, I think I have turned a corner with my photo's, I do love my 520
You really have turned a corner grumpy. The first image is quite stunning. Its something else to look forward to at the end of a long drive.
By the way, how is wifey getting on with her camera?

Peter
__________________
Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19th October 2008
grumpy69
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Todays sunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterD View Post
You really have turned a corner grumpy. The first image is quite stunning. Its something else to look forward to at the end of a long drive.
By the way, how is wifey getting on with her camera?

Peter
Morning Peter, thanks for reply, Wifee only been out once but there is plenty of time. I did a freebie photo shoot for a lovely young lady yesterday who is wanting to go into modelling, a friend's daughter, 15 year old with attitude , very make shift shoot (her mum's idea), small room, bed sheet for back drop, just my E520 and no other gear, etc. but went well and good results, just been given permission to show a couple on here. I have never taken pics like this before but loved it, my wifee did her makeup.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19th October 2008
PeterD PeterD is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,248
Thanks: 44
Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts
Likes: 14
Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Re: Todays sunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy69 View Post
Morning Peter, thanks for reply, Wifee only been out once but there is plenty of time. I did a freebie photo shoot for a lovely young lady yesterday who is wanting to go into modelling, a friend's daughter, 15 year old with attitude , very make shift shoot (her mum's idea), small room, bed sheet for back drop, just my E520 and no other gear, etc. but went well and good results, just been given permission to show a couple on here. I have never taken pics like this before but loved it, my wifee did her makeup.
Good morning grumpy. Its great to know how well you are getting on particularly after the 'bumpy' start. From what you say, you have already enrolled an assistant (wifee).
Your efforts should give her an encouragement for her to use her own camera.
Its another good day down here and I shall be out for about an hour. Enjoy your day.

Peter
__________________
Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This morning's sunrise grumpy69 Foto Fair 7 17th October 2008 08:25 PM
Sunrise through trees grumpy69 Looking for improvement 2 27th September 2008 12:35 PM
sunrise & reflections davidh Foto Fair 5 25th September 2008 09:42 PM
Sunrise Antrim coast del Foto Fair 6 25th August 2008 07:02 AM
East coast sunrise fulhamphil Foto Fair 23 10th August 2008 07:33 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 AM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger