Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 9th November 2009

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts
HP customer service

I just want to let off steam.
I have a problem with my printer so I rang HP support and after 40 minutes got no answer to my question. So I emailed their customer support, (thatís a laugh) and got quite a few acknowledgements and one answer, which did not answer my question. I repeatedly emailed for a proper response, IE, read my question and answer it. I would accept a "don't know' rather than an answer that bears no relation to my question. No response so far. This all started in Sept, around 19th.
So eventually I rang their UK HQ and got a name to write to, the MD Nick Wilson and wrote on the 21st last month detailing my complaint.
So far no reply.
Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Today I try to print and the b****y machine will not do as I tell it!!
Anyone know of a good contact that can kick ass in HP. I doubt if I will ever use HP stuff again!!
Going to try live chat now, more wasted hours I suspect
Old 9th November 2009

Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Re: HP customer service

Goes to show the variability of customer service experience. I had an issue with the hard drive on my HP computer earlier in the year and they were extremely helpful. All the people I spoke to were knowledgeable and courteous and the whole thing was sorted without fuss. A pity you are suffering now - I wish you luck on the forums.
Old 9th November 2009
ndl0071

Personally having had several bad experiences with HP (printers, PCs and servers) I will won't purchase from them again, as far as printers go it's Epson all the way for me, I've had several models over the years and 'touch wood' not had a problem yet.

Sorry Sapper none of that of course helps you with your query, I hope you're able to resolve your issue with HP.
Old 9th November 2009

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndl0071 View Post
Personally having had several bad experiences with HP (printers, PCs and servers) I will won't purchase from them again, as far as printers go it's Epson all the way for me, I've had several models over the years and 'touch wood' not had a problem yet.

Sorry Sapper none of that of course helps you with your query, I hope you're able to resolve your issue with HP.
I only got the HP printer because I don't have to change cartridges when I print in black n white.
When it works, it is a good printer but their customer service has done it for me, unless they come up with the goods, I will be going back to Epson when this one conks out, or I throw it out the window