Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st March 2014

Liked 759 Times in 504 Posts
Re: EM-1 Lock-up Information

After reporting a truly awful day of lockups to Olympus three weeks ago (I already had a problem thread open with them) they agreed that it needed replacing. Rather than send it back and wait for a new one I spoke to London Camera Exchange, where I bought it. They spoke to their Oly rep and he agreed (I have no idea whether arm-twisting was involved ) and they got a newer 12-40 kit in. I went and swapped this morning. Serial number is a lot higher so it looks as if it could be from a newer batch.

I've tried a few shots with a few lenses and it has behaved, so it will get baptised in anger at the next rugby match. I may be kidding myself but the shutter seems to sound quite different on this one. It's going to be hard photographing the action with fingers crossed while simultaneously stroking the rabbit's foot, but hey, you do what you must.

This post might look familiar - I've copied it to the other two threads we are currently running on this.

Ciao ... John
The Following Users Liked This Post:
brian1208 (21st March 2014), dh202 (21st March 2014), pvasc (22nd March 2014)