Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 15th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Joke

A wealthy friend of mine invited me out to lunch. I was collected by his driver, Pierre who hailed from Paris. London traffic held no fears for him. We then picked my friend up at the Dorchester and headed off to the Kent countryside for what proved to be a memorable meal - and day for that matter!

My friend was a UK tax exile who lived in Monaco. He was extremely fond of good food and wine - more so the latter it would seem. After lunch we returned to London via the A2 with my friend in a very merry condition. He had a wonderful old Silver Cloud in concourse condition which he kept on British plates. My good friend continued to maintain his inebriated state by enjoying some extremely fine cognac that he kept in the car.

I was sitting in the back having a little snooze. My friend suddenly shouted at Pierre to stop as he had seen a rather attractive lady walking down Park Lane. With some very dexterous manoeuvring Pierre pulled up just outside the Grosvenor House Ballroom.

Considering his condition, my friend emerged from the car with only a very slight stumble. The chase was on! At that moment a white Police Rover 3500 pulled up behind us. I suspect that it had been following for some distance, as Pierre had been driving in true Parisian fashion!

One of the policemen got out of the car and chased my friend, stopped him and asked him to accompany him back to the Rover. There he proceeded to breathalyse him. Naturally he was well over the limit so was put in the back of the police Rover. He told me later that the policeman asked him for his car keys but he said that they were still in the car!

One of the policeman then came along to the Rolls, got in on the right hand side and had a double take. There was no steering wheel in front of him for the car was indeed a left hand drive!

Pierre, who was never flustered looked sideways at his new passenger. He smiled most charmingly.

"Where to pleez officeur?", he asked in a very Gallic fashion!

Back came the very surly answer, "West End Central!"

"As monsieur wishes."

So off we went to collect our highly amused friend. He had a sense of humour which was more than could be said of the two traffic cops!

Mick

Petroleums Hey
retired oil boiler
Old 15th January 2010
Administrator

Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,274 Posts
Liked 1,712 Times in 774 Posts
Re: Joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyman1 View Post
A wealthy friend of mine invited me out to lunch. I was collected by his driver, Pierre who hailed from Paris. London traffic held no fears for him. We then picked my friend up at the Dorchester and headed off to the Kent countryside for what proved to be a memorable meal - and day for that matter!

My friend was a UK tax exile who lived in Monaco. He was extremely fond of good food and wine - more so the latter it would seem. After lunch we returned to London via the A2 with my friend in a very merry condition. He had a wonderful old Silver Cloud in concourse condition which he kept on British plates. My good friend continued to maintain his inebriated state by enjoying some extremely fine cognac that he kept in the car.

I was sitting in the back having a little snooze. My friend suddenly shouted at Pierre to stop as he had seen a rather attractive lady walking down Park Lane. With some very dexterous manoeuvring Pierre pulled up just outside the Grosvenor House Ballroom.

Considering his condition, my friend emerged from the car with only a very slight stumble. The chase was on! At that moment a white Police Rover 3500 pulled up behind us. I suspect that it had been following for some distance, as Pierre had been driving in true Parisian fashion!

One of the policemen got out of the car and chased my friend, stopped him and asked him to accompany him back to the Rover. There he proceeded to breathalyse him. Naturally he was well over the limit so was put in the back of the police Rover. He told me later that the policeman asked him for his car keys but he said that they were still in the car!

One of the policeman then came along to the Rolls, got in on the right hand side and had a double take. There was no steering wheel in front of him for the car was indeed a left hand drive!

Pierre, who was never flustered looked sideways at his new passenger. He smiled most charmingly.

"Where to pleez officeur?", he asked in a very Gallic fashion!

Back came the very surly answer, "West End Central!"

"As monsieur wishes."

So off we went to collect our highly amused friend. He had a sense of humour which was more than could be said of the two traffic cops!

Amusing - but is this a real story, or a very old one? Rover 3500s, after all - that must be 20 years ago, at least!

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 15th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Joke

Dont know if it is true but certainly old

Mick

Petroleums Hey
retired oil boiler