Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Motion pictures - video and animation > Show your movies

Show your movies Here is the place to share your movie prowess with other e-group members.

Old 18th March 2015

Liked 75 Times in 46 Posts
EM-1 Macro video clip

I am new to using video on digital cameras and I know it's not for everyone but today I had a wonderful surprise and managed to capture something unusual which would not have been anywhere near as interesting in a still image.

I was taking some macro shots of some frog spawn for a local school project when a predator larvae just appeared in the centre of the shot whilst I was taking the stills.

I watched the larvae walking and probing the eggs and then in a light bulb moment, realised that with a quick turn of the mode dial I could show the kids some underwater action of Nature's food chain in real time.

I captured about 20 seconds of the larvae exploring the spawn until he slipped off the shiny, jelly surface and disappeared out of shot. The kids will love it and I am very surprised at the super quality and results for this spontaneous movie clip.

Years ago I never bothered to see if a camera had movie capability but now I have changed my mind and although not the only factor, it is in my Top 10 of essential features.
The Following Users Liked This Post:
brian1208 (18th March 2015), Graham_of_Rainham (18th March 2015), OM USer (7th July 2015), pault (18th March 2015)
Old 7th July 2015
rambodsouza

Re: EM-1 Macro video clip

Interesting elements...