Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 15th March 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Excellent Tutorial site for Lightroom and Photpshop

Morning all

I find myself up at the crack of dawn this morning, though not with good news (I suffer occasionally with gout, and have been awake for hours). Anyway, trying to put the lovely morning to good use I stumbled across this excellent tutorial site that I wanted to share with you all.

It has tutorials on Photoshop and Lightroom; I've watched a few, and they are very good indeed. So... enjoy!

http://thedigitalphotographyconnection.com/LFDP.php

Old 15th March 2008
RSGodfrey

Re: Excellent Tutorial site for Lightroom and Photpshop

John, having previously suffered a gout attack you have my sympathy.

I have been able to avoid further attacks by radical changes to my diet and I hope you are getting good advice to get it under control.

Best wishes

Richard
Old 15th March 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Link!

very usefull stuff, but have you seen these:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/vi...d-videos.shtml

They cost a little money, but with the current dollar exchange rate, they are actually cheaper then buying a couple of dvds! And worth every single P.

Michael Reichmann and Jeff Schewe go through the whole RAW processing and printing and the use of lightroom in every imaginable detail. It's really great material.

Highly recomended!

Hope you get better soon!

Regards

Frank
Old 15th March 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Thanks for the link Frank, and for the well wishes. I am not so unwell, just have gout in my left foot - makes it difficult to walk around easily.

This particular attack came on very quickly indeed, and I can usually take some prescribed meds that thwart any further onset. However, this time I was in Madrid and didn't have my meds with me, so the darned gout had time to take effect

For those who haven't suffered from gout - I can assure you it is one of the most painful experiences I have suffered... excruciatingly so if I am honest.

The good news though is that the tabs are already having an effect and it is easing. Thanks though Frank for the well wishes...

Old 15th March 2008
PeterD

Thanks John and Frank. Those links seem to be just what I need.

PeterD
Old 15th March 2008
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

superb set of links, thanks for sharing them.

I have to be honest, PP Raw files is very daunting for me