Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Standard zoom and mid range

Standard zoom and mid range Lenses with focal lengths larger than 12mm, but no longer than 60mm, includes standard zooms and portrait primes plus some macro lenses.

Old 13th December 2014
Codger

Liked 105 Times in 45 Posts
12-40 lens hood - arrgh!

I have just lost the second lens hood for my 12-40 zoom. Despite the locking mechanism they have come loose when carrying the camera.

At 40 each I am loathe to buy yet another one. The Chinese copy makers don't seem to have got round to it yet.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I am thinking of getting something like this: http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-h...ns-hood/p12117 - at least it screws into the lens!

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 13th December 2014

Liked 329 Times in 136 Posts
Send a message via MSN to griffljg
Re: 12-40 lens hood - arrgh!

I did have a problem like that when I first got the E-M1 and the 12-40, but never lost a lens hood. Then I noticed that only one of the lugs on the lens hood has a locking mechanism. So I put the lens on the other way around. - Upside down.

Problem solved!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to griffljg For This Useful Post:
benvendetta (14th December 2014), OM USer (15th December 2014)