Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 29th November 2013

Liked 1,327 Times in 625 Posts
Studio Work with the EM-1

In another thread I mentioned in passing that I would be using the EM-1 in the Studio, with its first test being a club studio night when we would be shooting fine art nude silhouettes

Chevvy (and I think a few others asked to see the results) but as I'm not sure how the site T&Cs apply I have only put together a couple of examples which are pretty heavily processed to remove any detail (note these are only semi-nude and non-offensive shots, you would see worse on the beach )

Anyway, after that pre-amble here are a couple of mine, shot to bring a touch of humour into the subject (mods, if I have over-stepped any marks please remove)

The little dog sings and dances to "You make me wanna shout" and the idea was that the model would be instructing the dog to sit, at which point I asked her to press its paw (which started it off) and she burst into giggles, then gave him his reward)

The fun thing in the 2nd shot is that it was still singing and waggling its ears and I managed to time it so that the ears were up at just the right moment

"Sit"

Good Dog

The EM-1 performed beautifully, working with ISO 100 setting, and the EVF boost setting on, with the 12-50 kit lens on the front

The original files are full of lovely soft detail and the skin / hair are reproduced well, up there with my 5Dmk2 and 24-105 L
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brian1208 For This Useful Post:
Chevvyf1 (29th November 2013), Iansky (29th November 2013), OM USer (29th November 2013), pault (29th November 2013), Pierre L (29th November 2013)
The Following User Liked This Post:
jamsa (29th November 2013)
Old 29th November 2013

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: Studio Work with the EM-1

Great subtle images pref one, as I like the dog on the floor - it almost looks real there Nice light and capture !

and WoW thats some GREAT compliment for the ONE !

I am looking forward to the Studio shoot next Saturday
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album