Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 25th November 2013

Liked 292 Times in 150 Posts
Re: Camera Bags

One of my bags is a legacy from my days as a PJ, it is a 2nd world war US gas mask case so looks more like a tool bag than a camera bag, it is canvas and very hard wearing and I have removable padded lining to protect equipment and in it I have:

1 x EM1
1 x EPL5
1 x FL600 flash unit + spare batterries
1 x 12mm f2
1 x 25mm f1.4
1 x 45mm f1.8
1 x 75mm f1.8

Cleaning cloth (chamois) and spare camera battery, hand held meter and other odds and sods.

It has served me well and does not draw attention to its contents due to looking old and well used!
Old 25th November 2013
IanTField

Another vote for the Think Tank Retrospective 5 - mine is in pinestone and is very unobtrusive. Just the right size for the 12-40 with my 25mm and 75mm alongside. If I need to take more gear with me then its time for the fstop backpack with micro ICU which will take everything else I have!
Old 25th November 2013

Liked 661 Times in 234 Posts

Just bought one of these...
Tamrac Aero 50 Bag for Camera/Camcorder - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo Tamrac Aero 50 Bag for Camera/Camcorder - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Old 25th November 2013

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I have 3 bags i use.

Vanguard uprise 45 rucksack.

LowePro 102 Slingshot shoulder bag

National Geographic side/shoulder bag.

Any of these would be great for the OP's query.

The Vanguard uprise 45 is my main travel backpack as it holds everything i ever need. DLSR/M43rd camera with a large attached telephoto (50-200mm) and grip (OM-D EM5) or 5D + grip/lens or even larger the Fuji S5 Pro and grip plus lens.
If you're m43rd you have a huge amount of space for all your lenses as well as an air type system that helps if you sweat, it's all padded and safe with a quick access compartment so you don't need to take it off your back, just swing it round. It comes complete with a rain cover, waist strap, and dozens of pockets. Comfortable to carry, tough, i can also fit a 10" notepad or 13" laptop inside too with all my gear.

Lowepro 120 would suit it to store it or day travel bag. Limit in size but is great if you only want a small bag to be safe and quick access. Don't think it would hold the M1 with a grip though.

NG bag is a good alternative to a shoulder type bag, with rain cover, lots of pockets, lots of room, and an inner support for bumps and knocks.

Hope that helps dude
Old 25th November 2013

Liked 181 Times in 99 Posts

I use the Think Tank Mover 30i which is great for general work & excellent for street photography
Old 26th November 2013

Liked 74 Times in 45 Posts

I use a Lowepro Passport, it takes my EM-1 with 75-300 attached with a black rapid sling fitted, with a 12-50 and 19mm in its canvas box. It still has room for a lunch box. It is versatile, comfortable and unobtrusive and only costs about £40!

Tags
bellingham, camera bag, think tank