Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 31st December 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
12 x 12: Can't upload, but can appreciate

Rather than fester in the "horse latitudes" of simultaneously being unable to upload into the forum and unwilling - since Christmas now - to brave day in/day out gale winds and rain on the chance of some photography, I took some time tonight and went through all the 12 for 12 posts to date.

You folks all ought to take a minute to step back and seriously congratulate yourselves, each and every one. In no order of rank, here are my appreciations:

The pictures span the globe . . . places I've never been, birds and plants and landscapes I've never seen.

The unique quality of each photographer's vision, or preferred way of looking at things and bringing that through in their images, comes through clean and clear. Although I've only been here for a short time, I am often able to identify the shooter from the image alone.

The honesty that members bring to their own self-critique of their images. Particularly appealing to me are what I call in my own parlance, the "almost awesome" images, and the authors' comments on what they learned, or what they intend trying in the future.

The images that simply stop me in my tracks. To admire at length. And, perhaps, to add to my own learning curve of what elements make up a first class photo.

The real enjoyment of photography that stands out here. This forum utterly lacks - much to its betterment in comparison with other venues - the competitive belittling and bashing, and the gear/kit "arms race" boasting so prevalent elsewhere. A breath of very fresh air, indeed!

Related to all the above and the common thread of these various aspects of appreciation is the bottom-line mutual respect members hold for each other, and for the new folks as they join and contribute.

'K, I'll step down from my soapbox now . . . . .

John

Website @

http://trihelic.net/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnI For This Useful Post:
IainMacD (31st December 2012), Imageryone (31st December 2012), Patchwork (31st December 2012), Phill D (31st December 2012)
Old 31st December 2012

Liked 564 Times in 336 Posts
Re: 12 x 12: Can't upload, but can appreciate

Thought you might like this thought

Photography is fun...................... if not................... please leave it to people who really enjoy it !