Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th August 2019

Liked 194 Times in 132 Posts
How to upload photos to this site

Is there an Idiot's Guide somewhere on how to get photos onto this site? I've managed it in the past a time or two, as I entered one of the monthly competitions, and I also have a couple of albums, but only after a load of trial and error, and I don't remember how. There seem to be several promising-looking but non-trivial possibilities whereas I'd quite like just one which is easy to use. DXO Photolab has a nice easy "Export to Flickr" button (and used to have one to export to Facebook before Facebook changed) which automatically (and I think intelligently) does whatever compression the target site needs, and lands your photos in a chosen directory / album.

Maybe the updated version of this site will have an easier to use photo upload scheme. I would sometimes like to share here but won't if it's arduous, complex or error-prone. I just found a way to add to albums but the error message said my JPGs were too large but didn't say what size they should be

Sorry to whinge.

P.S. Nothing can be as tortuous as Instagram for uploading photos from a Windows platform! You need to go into Chrome and then tinker with some internal jiggery-pokery to persuade it to pretend to be a phone, giving the impression that Instagram really don't seem to want Windows users.