Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 15th January 2008
dlinney

HLD-4 & Bag E3 Promotion - Good News

On Friday I raised an online question through Olympus Support and also telephoned their European Press Office (the only actual name and telephone number I could find on their website) and today got an e-mail (and a telephone message) from Mark Thakara (General Manager- Marketing, Imaging. Olympus UK Limited) apologising for not keeping me informed as to what had happened (there has been a delay in getting the bags) but that they expected to be able to complete alll outstanding claims within the next two weeks.

My gripe was not so much about the delay but about the lack of acknowledgement of e-mails or any status updates. At least Olympus recognise they should have done better - "There have been delays in receiving the bags from our suppliers but no excuse for not keeping you informed."

Hopefully they will do better in future.
Old 15th January 2008
Administrator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,280 Posts
Liked 1,757 Times in 793 Posts
Re: HLD-4 & Bag E3 Promotion - Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinney View Post
On Friday I raised an online question through Olympus Support and also telephoned their European Press Office (the only actual name and telephone number I could find on their website) and today got an e-mail (and a telephone message) from Mark Thakara (General Manager- Marketing, Imaging. Olympus UK Limited) apologising for not keeping me informed as to what had happened (there has been a delay in getting the bags) but that they expected to be able to complete alll outstanding claims within the next two weeks.

My gripe was not so much about the delay but about the lack of acknowledgement of e-mails or any status updates. At least Olympus recognise they should have done better - "There have been delays in receiving the bags from our suppliers but no excuse for not keeping you informed."

Hopefully they will do better in future.
Mark is a good egg and the behind the scenes impetus behind this site.

I have a feeling that the E-3 was a much bigger success than they anticipated and resources were rather stretched. Christmas didn't help either.

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 15th January 2008

Liked 82 Times in 47 Posts

Yipee. Received my HLD-4 today.

Well worth the wait, many thanks to all at Oly involved in the promotion.
Old 15th January 2008

Liked 190 Times in 126 Posts

Hi, My grip also arrived Monday. Thanks to all at Oly. Personally I'd no problem with waiting, particularly since there was a question mark over battery usage. It would have been really bad PR to do a recall on a free gift.

My only reservations were the lack of any feedback or acknowlegement that my claim had even been accepted. Here's hoping my bag claim was as succesful. Still failing to join the E-club though.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 15th January 2008
PeterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by peak4 View Post
Hi, My grip also arrived Monday. Thanks to all at Oly. Personally I'd no problem with waiting, particularly since there was a question mark over battery usage. It would have been really bad PR to do a recall on a free gift.

My only reservations were the lack of any feedback or acknowlegement that my claim had even been accepted. Here's hoping my bag claim was as succesful. Still failing to join the E-club though.
Bill,

I do not know if you have had the chance to see other posts which are saying that Oly's response has greatly improved. May I suggest that it would be worthwhile to send another enquiry to Oly. Hopefully you will get a timely answer.

Kind regards

PeterD