Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 16th January 2016

Liked 2,405 Times in 1,585 Posts
Re: Having my portrait taken tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringneck View Post
Hope they find something that will get you sorted John.......

I have to go for an EEG on Tuesday...the one where they stick all the probes on the head...should last and hour.
Then on the 30th its off to have a 48hour Heart monitor fitted - returning 2 days later for it to be removed.
Hopefully they will find something positive (or negative depending how you look at it) and tell me whats wrong.
I passed out while on the M6 in October and its taken this long to get to this stage.
Nasty!

You were lucky to come to a halt without serious harm. Or were you already stationary?

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
Old 16th January 2016

Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,030 Posts
Liked 1,234 Times in 804 Posts

Enjoy the flashing lights that go with your EEG! Hope all goes well with the 48hr ECG.

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wee man For This Useful Post:
ringneck (16th January 2016)
Old 16th January 2016

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts

Yes I was very lucky...one moment in middle lane then almighty noise and car was side on being pushed along slow lane by a Juggernaut....it kept slamming into me as its brakes were coming on and off all the time...i was just waiting for my car to turn over but we both came to a halt safely.
Had to declare to DLVA I had passed out and waiting to see how long I have to keep off the roads.Cant get out to take any pics unless on the bus.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
Now also 4 items from the dark side...........
Old 16th January 2016

Quote:
Yes I was very lucky...one moment in middle lane then almighty noise and car was side on being pushed along slow lane by a Juggernaut....it kept slamming into me as its brakes were coming on and off all the time...i was just waiting for my car to turn over but we both came to a halt safely.
Lucky indeed. A good cure for constipation as well I would imagine.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
The Following User Liked This Post:
ringneck (16th January 2016)
Old 16th January 2016
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,505 Times in 2,142 Posts

Quote:
Hope they find something that will get you sorted John.......

I have to go for an EEG on Tuesday...the one where they stick all the probes on the head...should last and hour.
Then on the 30th its off to have a 48hour Heart monitor fitted - returning 2 days later for it to be removed.
Hopefully they will find something positive (or negative depending how you look at it) and tell me whats wrong.
I passed out while on the M6 in October and its taken this long to get to this stage.
Sorry to hear this, Keith, it's rather worrying that you passed out on the M6. I know what you mean by hoping they find something; it's far worse if, despite all your problems, they find nothing! That's my big fear.

Good luck and I hope you are easily cured.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there — even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 16th January 2016
Administrator

Quote:
Had to declare to DLVA I had passed out and waiting to see how long I have to keep off the roads.Cant get out to take any pics unless on the bus.
That must have been terrifying, thank goodness you came to no harm.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there — even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 17th January 2016

Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,325 Posts
Liked 2,419 Times in 1,141 Posts

That does sound like a pretty horrific ordeal Keith. Hope the tests are less traumatic and they sort out the issue.
ringneck (17th January 2016)
Old 17th January 2016

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts

Hope things turn out good for you Keith.
I too am having my portrait taken, tomorrow. And now have to take laxatives all day, so guess where the camera is going in the morning
I had this procedure a couple of years ago, might have mentioned it on here, the hospital used Oly cameras, which gave me a talking point with the operator. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon, when it will be all over.
Naughty Nigel (17th January 2016), ringneck (17th January 2016)
Old 17th January 2016

Liked 564 Times in 336 Posts

Best of treatment, Keith, I know how worrying these days are, the mind plays nasty tricks of imagination, and a final diagnosis is, when it comes, welcome.
Old 17th January 2016

Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,030 Posts
Liked 1,234 Times in 804 Posts

Lucky escape Keith, Dave been there they may use the new 300 with you. Ouch! Hope all goes well for both of you.

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
Old 17th January 2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Hope things turn out good for you Keith.
I too am having my portrait taken, tomorrow. And now have to take laxatives all day, so guess where the camera is going in the morning
I had this procedure a couple of years ago, might have mentioned it on here, the hospital used Oly cameras, which gave me a talking point with the operator. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon, when it will be all over.
Hmmm, As I know, it's not pleasant and you have my sympathy. At least you know what to expect, having had it done before. Good luck and, most important, I hope the results are good.

Old 17th January 2016

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts

Thanks everyone for the best wishes...sorry John for high-jacking your post.

The passing out came as a final thing for the year as I have been having a terrible time with all sorts of problems....pains all over - terrible sciatica - 2 frozen shoulders etc etc, all of which had made it so hard to work and getting there worse.I was going to work when I passed out.As well as that I was consistently feeling nauseous and tired.
The only diagnosis was ....OLD AGE...ha ha.
I scoffed at this at first but think it could be right...my body has just had enough...I have noticed so many people who seem to have the same problems as me since I can only get about by walking and on the bus and get time to study them. Walking is a good thing because sitting around just makes everything worse.But when I have managed to get out with the camera the walk there is O.K. but standing and actually taking th pics brings on the back pain.
Cant get to work at the moment as no car and I retire in July 2017 but that seems a long way off at the moment.

Hope everyone attending hospital/clinics get a positive outcome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
Now also 4 items from the dark side...........
Old 17th January 2016

Quote:

The passing out came as a final thing for the year as I have been having a terrible time with all sorts of problems....pains all over - terrible sciatica - 2 frozen shoulders etc etc, all of which had made it so hard to work and getting there worse.I was going to work when I passed out.As well as that I was consistently feeling nauseous and tired.
I scoffed at this at first but think it could be right...my body has just had enough...I have noticed so many people who seem to have the same problems as me since I can only get about by walking and on the bus and get time to study them. Walking is a good thing because sitting around just makes everything worse.But when I have managed to get out with the camera the walk there is O.K. but standing and actually taking th pics brings on the back pain.
I actually wonder if you might be suffering form some kind of food intolerance. There are certain foods that seem to cause or exacerbate joint pain and arthritic conditions, which may also explain the feelings of nausea. Anything that makes it difficult to move around will make you tired too.

Anyhow, I hope everyone gets their various ailments sorted soon.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
Old 17th January 2016

Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,452 Posts
Liked 1,448 Times in 925 Posts

Hope all goes well Keith.
Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
Learn something new every day
Old 18th January 2016
Administrator

Quote:

Cant get to work at the moment as no car and I retire in July 2017 but that seems a long way off at the moment.

Hope everyone attending hospital/clinics get a positive outcome.
No worries from me about hijacking the post, Keith, I'm sure we are all greatly concerned by your misfortunes. With chronic, ongoing health problems the financial implications are often overlooked. It's bad enough constantly feeling ill or in great pain, but it becomes much worse when you have to worry about what will happen when you are unable to work. Sympathy from your employers only extends so far, even with the best of them, and contrary to popular public opinion the DWP do not make it easy to claim benefits. It seems that the people with the most genuine needs get the least amount of help. You really have my sympathy, Keith, and I hope things work out as well for you as they possibly can.