Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 25th November 2014

Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,325 Posts
Liked 2,417 Times in 1,139 Posts
Giant mousetrap....

Well not quite

The Following Users Liked This Post:
brian1208 (26th November 2014), Melaka (28th November 2014)
Old 26th November 2014
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,504 Times in 2,141 Posts
Re: Giant mousetrap....

Will it ever end? I guess not, it's now an institution.

BTW Thanks for posting - it gives me an idea for treating my wife one day - she would love it! The finances will have to improve first ( probably when I can draw my state pension in 7 years ) but hey, the idea is there - and I bet it will still be running!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Liked This Post:
Phill D (27th November 2014)
Old 26th November 2014

You may be right John but I'm afraid I'd say the present production is well past it's sell by date It's a good story and a nice old fashioned theatre in keeping with the period but the current group of actors just didn't do it for me. At the stupidly not so old fashioned prices they were very amateurish. We came away quite disappointed as I usually love this sort of play. In contrast we also saw Robert Lindsay in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels the same weekend and that was fantastic. I've not laughed so much for ages real tears of laughter. A musical I know but Lindsay alone was worth the money and his supporting cast were all brilliant too. As a weekend away the two nights in London cost us as much as a weeks holiday would normally so I can understand your reticence. It was quite a shock to me when we counted the cost afterwards. Overall a very special weekend though including viewing the Tower poppies but something that wont get repeated for quite a while I'm afraid
Old 26th November 2014
Floribunda

It looks like a lovely old theatre Phill,and bad luck that the show was a disappointment.
We had the opposite experience this week as we support a small theatre group in Adelaide who presented "Bracken Moor", a play by Alexi Kaye Campbell who lives in Britain. The acting was superb and the play, set in Yorkshire during the Great Depression was fabulous. A good old-fashioned "Ghost Story", and if you ever get the chance - go see it.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 26th November 2014
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,504 Times in 2,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
You may be right John but I'm afraid I'd say the present production is well past it's sell by date It's a good story and a nice old fashioned theatre in keeping with the period but the current group of actors just didn't do it for me. At the stupidly not so old fashioned prices they were very amateurish. We came away quite disappointed as I usually love this sort of play. In contrast we also saw Robert Lindsay in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels the same weekend and that was fantastic. I've not laughed so much for ages real tears of laughter. A musical I know but Lindsay alone was worth the money and his supporting cast were all brilliant too. As a weekend away the two nights in London cost us as much as a weeks holiday would normally so I can understand your reticence. It was quite a shock to me when we counted the cost afterwards. Overall a very special weekend though including viewing the Tower poppies but something that wont get repeated for quite a while I'm afraid
Maybe there's no hurry to see it after all. Mind you, at least we wouldn't have the accomodation cost - we live near enough to London to do it as a day trip. Aren't I an old skinflint?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Liked This Post:
Old 26th November 2014

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Morning Phill,

Nicely captured and I agree about spends down in London. Just glad mine is all work related, so I don't have a bill to pay. I have also sent you a pm.

Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Grego For This Useful Post:
Old 26th November 2014

Liked 542 Times in 380 Posts

I went to see the Mousetrap some 55 years ago, someone commits some murders and gets found out - so what - now you know the plot no need to go.

It was so memorable that I cannot remember the name of the guilty party - was it the retired military chap or the spinster, etc etc
Old 27th November 2014

Derek you know it was only a couple of weeks ago we went but I can't remember who dun it either . But maybe that just me!

Bracken Moor sounds good, I'll look out for it thanks Lyn.
Another suggestion, we went to see the 39 steps a few years ago and that was an excellent new adaptation of one of my favourite stories.

John, looking at the London prices I think I'm glad I live out in the sticks!
Old 27th November 2014

Thanked 1,543 Times in 1,494 Posts
Liked 4,374 Times in 1,975 Posts

I can't comment on the play as I've not seen it Phill but I love your shot of the theatre. I've seen two only shows in London, Les Miz and the Buddy Holly show, both fabulous.

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
The Following User Says Thank You to pandora For This Useful Post:
Old 27th November 2014

Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,450 Posts
Liked 1,448 Times in 925 Posts

So good Phill that I couldn't help myself and see what it would look like straightened up a bit. Hope that you don't mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to OM USer For This Useful Post:
Old 27th November 2014

I don't mind at all. In fact until you did that the angle being rather extreme hadn't bothered me. Now I want to make the St Martins sign vertical but leave the rest as it is Maybe I'm just a bit odd
The Following User Says Thank You to Phill D For This Useful Post:
OM USer (28th November 2014)
Old 28th November 2014

Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,450 Posts
Liked 1,448 Times in 925 Posts

That was my first thought but having started I decided to go the whole way. In fact stopping with the verticals will give a more accurate represenation for the purists as the overhanging canopy looks a bit odd sticking out more on the left than a frontal view would dictate and I really need to find a way to compress the left side without compressing the right to balance my skew adjustment. What I need is a tool that can apply a graduated variable compression. I have often thought about such a tool where you could draw on a graph, underneath a picture, the compression you want - in this case a straight line leading from 20% at the left end to 0% at the right.
Old 28th November 2014

That's an interesting thought for a distortion correction method. Sounds very sensible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phill D For This Useful Post:
OM USer (28th November 2014)