Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd July 2016

Thanked 1,257 Times in 942 Posts
Liked 6,007 Times in 1,955 Posts
Re: Photo Challenge 86 - Coastal Scenery

Hi all,

Apologies for the tardy judging. I've been away on business and pretty busy (in fact, I'm still in Cape Town). Brrrrr - it's winter here!!

There are some great entries for me to consider, so thanks to you all for entering. I wish I could give you all a prize! However, I have to pick a winner and two runner-ups, so here goes - in the usual reverse order...

3rd - Adagio's wonderful monochrome image of the Beach Huts at Calshot. I'm a sucker for dramatic skies and this one ticks all the boxes. The contrast of the huts adds real impact and drama. A great shot.

2nd - David M's lovely shot of the shores of Lake Huron. I love the pastel, almost watercolour look of it and it's a great composition. OK, so it's a lake shore and not a "coast", but Lake Huron is probably bigger than the English Channel so I won't get picky.

1st - Zuiko's "in your face" vanishing point shot of the figures on the pier. It's got a gritty, cold and bleak look that sums up many a visit to a British sea shore. The texture in the planking is superb.

So - well done John - over to you for the next one!
Portfolio Site
Instagram