Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 1st March 2015

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Re: Very basic question for sports focusing..

Hi Mark, I set my camera, to:- LO 6 frames per second focus point centre average metering, CAF+Tracking single point release proirity set to off, so as to only fire when lock confirm, you should see large green box with four short lines from each side as you move following your target as long as you keep the target in the box area and as the object moves so will the box do not release shutter button until yo want to stop.

Do mot worry if when looking through the view finder if the image does not look sharp as you are holding down fully the shutter button, this is because the view finder is lagging a bit. Oh one tip with motor sport prefocus at about the area you want to start shooting sequence. Becuase you have ellected single point as center start position, This helps speedup first focus lock don't half press just fully press and hold down and follow the car or object by panning in the usual way as long as the target is kept in the green box, all should be fine.

Dave
Old 1st March 2015

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Re: Very basic question for sports focusing..

Oh Just one other thing, If it looses contact briefly it will pause the shot untul taget reappears eg. some one or tree blocks this will pause shooting but don't release the shutter as the will make the camera look for a new target eg , lock on person or tree that was blocking original target.

Have faith in the camera to get it right, it really does work in motorsport.

May give BIF a go when I have time. Will let all know how I get on.

Dave