Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-510

Olympus E-510 E-510 specific discussion.

Old 3rd February 2009

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
E-510 exposure problem

My E-510 has suddenly (in the middle of some photo sessions on Saturday) decided to under-expose on all settings other than Auto. I could perhaps live with minor compensation, but I have to set the EV to +3

I looked for a way to revert to factory settings, in case I've done something which I didn't realise at the time (which is very possible ), but couldn't find it.

Any suggestions from the masters of the Oly universe would be welcome before the camera goes back under warranty.

Andrew
Old 3rd February 2009
mike_j

Re: E-510 exposure problem

Well the quickest way to check you have not upset anything is to use Auto which overides any user settings.

To reset to factory default use [menu button] [settings 1] [custom reset] [reset] [OK]
Old 3rd February 2009

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Many thanks, Mike. This seems to have solved the problem (although I'm looking for sackcloth & ashes for not spotting it myself ) Mind you, I'd still like to what I did to cause the problem in the first place

Andrew
Old 4th February 2009
250swb

Did you perhaps change the metering accidentally, maybe to one of the spot settings?

Steve