Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 21st December 2016

Liked 466 Times in 206 Posts
E-M1 mkII extended warranty

When I registered my E-M1 mkII last week on the MyOlympus website I expected that the +6 months Extended Warranty would be applied automatically.
This did not happen - the only reference to an Extended Warranty (3 years) is requesting that I 'Activate' it by specifying a Voucher Code. This code is apparently obtained from a scratch card which wasn't supplied with the camera.

So, two questions:
  1. Should I expect an automatic 6months warranty extension (as implied by 'My Premium Services' page on this site)?
  2. How do I obtain the Voucher which provides the activation code for the 3 year warranty extension?
Old 21st December 2016

Liked 1,010 Times in 300 Posts
Re: E-M1 mkII extended warranty

That website seems to do different things for different people, as well as being very slow.

I registered my camera last week and did get the 6 months extension, very strange.

I think the voucher code is something you can purchase from dealers, I got one for my mk1, ie http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/acc...-d-bodies.html

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr
Old 21st December 2016
Grumpy Member

Liked 539 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
That website seems to do different things for different people, as well as being very slow.

I registered my camera last week and did get the 6 months extension, very strange.

I think the voucher code is something you can purchase from dealers, I got one for my mk1, ie http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/acc...-d-bodies.html
Ditto on the extended warranty for 6 months.

I got the card from LCE when I bought the camera and my understanding is that I can use that to get 10% of the Pro Service deal if I choose to.

There does seem to be a surprising level of variation creeping in here.

Hec

Hec
Old 23rd December 2016

An update for anyone else experiencing this issue.

I emailled customer support at Olympus regarding the +6 months extension not being shown in the product registration and here is the relevant part of their reply;_

"May I please advise that the MyOlympus team are aware of the glitch in the system and are currently working on a solution so that your account will show the correct length of your warranty. Needless to say, as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter we would apply the extension for your new camera come what may, even though at this time the records available to you are yet to reflect the true nature of your warranty. Please allow us a short time to make the changes to our systems, I am assured that everything will be as it should very soon. "

Hope this helps.
Graham_of_Rainham (23rd December 2016), Mrs T (20th January 2017), raichea (23rd December 2016), steverh (23rd December 2016), Wee man (28th January 2017)
Old 16th January 2017

Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one. I have subscribed to the newsletter (tried it several times) but the extra 6 months hasn't been added and under "my premium services" shows as "not activated". I was told by support that it would be honoured but not that there was an issue with the site. Hopefully it will get resolved soon.
Old 20th January 2017

Liked 584 Times in 260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyver View Post
An update for anyone else experiencing this issue.

I emailled customer support at Olympus regarding the +6 months extension not being shown in the product registration and here is the relevant part of their reply;_

"May I please advise that the MyOlympus team are aware of the glitch in the system and are currently working on a solution so that your account will show the correct length of your warranty. Needless to say, as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter we would apply the extension for your new camera come what may, even though at this time the records available to you are yet to reflect the true nature of your warranty. Please allow us a short time to make the changes to our systems, I am assured that everything will be as it should very soon. "

Hope this helps.
I just tried an unsubscribe/resubscribe which worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs T For This Useful Post:
Gwyver (27th January 2017)
Old 21st January 2017

Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T View Post
I just tried an unsubscribe/resubscribe which worked.
Thanks - just tried that and it worked for me too!
Old 27th January 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Thanks - just tried that and it worked for me too!
Ditto.
Thanks.