Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 16th November 2013

Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,308 Posts
Liked 2,347 Times in 1,117 Posts
Re: My free HLD-7 has arrived

Well having just looked as I can't see my E510 listed on the current My Olympus website I'm now even more concerned. I bought the E510 from new (might still have the original receipt somewhere) and registered it. Even had it repaired by Olympus through an official dealer about 18mths ago that cost more than the camera was worth at the time but decided to stick with Oly. Registered for the E-M1 offer with the same camera serial number and got the accepted code for the grip and adaptor. Sent off the claim by tracked post and got confirmation it had arrived, now still waiting for my accessories. Don't know why the E510 doesn't show on the My Olympus page? but Oly definitely have records it's mine from the repair so I'll be really disschuffed if they wont honour the offer due to some technical glitch on the site. At the moment they get the benefit of the doubt as nothing has arrived but sitting looking at a set of 4/3s glass is doing nothing for my enjoyment of a new camera.
Old 16th November 2013

Liked 1,471 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
Well having just looked as I can't see my E510 listed on the current My Olympus website I'm now even more concerned. I bought the E510 from new (might still have the original receipt somewhere) and registered it. Even had it repaired by Olympus through an official dealer about 18mths ago that cost more than the camera was worth at the time but decided to stick with Oly. Registered for the E-M1 offer with the same camera serial number and got the accepted code for the grip and adaptor. Sent off the claim by tracked post and got confirmation it had arrived, now still waiting for my accessories. Don't know why the E510 doesn't show on the My Olympus page? but Oly definitely have records it's mine from the repair so I'll be really disschuffed if they wont honour the offer due to some technical glitch on the site. At the moment they get the benefit of the doubt as nothing has arrived but sitting looking at a set of 4/3s glass is doing nothing for my enjoyment of a new camera.
If you haven't already done so Phil, I'd recommend that you re-register your E510 with the original purchase date.

Olympus have advised that there is a two week delay in despatching the freebies due to higher than expected demand therefore, your claim may not have been checked yet.

Dave
Old 16th November 2013

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
IM sure you will be fine if you pre registered and got your "code" by return email. It just take a few weeks to get the free items...and I am waiting for the same.
Old 16th November 2013
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

Don't panic till you have to!
At the end of the day, I'm sure Ian and Mark will sort it out. I'm still waiting my freebies.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 16th November 2013

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
I really think you are worrying about nothing - at the time you registered for the offer your serial number was logged, and being an E510 it is valid for the offer.
The only way I can see you having an issue would be if someone else also registered with that serial number...
Old 18th November 2013

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

A quick question. I have received the HLD-7 but no MMF adaptor even though I had registered for both. I would have thought that they would both arrive together or do they come separately? (Just before I make an enquiry to Olympus).
Old 18th November 2013

Liked 298 Times in 175 Posts

Mine came together in the same box.
trailer (18th November 2013)
Old 18th November 2013

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer View Post
A quick question. I have received the HLD-7 but no MMF adaptor even though I had registered for both. I would have thought that they would both arrive together or do they come separately? (Just before I make an enquiry to Olympus).
Did you 1) send a copy of your ONE order with the voucher ? and 2) did you have a Olympus registered relevant Body ?

I sent the Voucher and the ONE copy receipt - my Voucher stated both the Grip and Adapter would come to me !
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
The Following User Says Thank You to Chevvyf1 For This Useful Post:
trailer (18th November 2013)
Old 18th November 2013

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

I sent the two vouchers to Germany at the same time along with a copy of the invoice. I have an E-400 body with the twin kit lenses which my nephew is currently using.

I received an email from Park Cameras after I'd bought the body from them:
Please could you contact me regarding your pre order for the Olympus OM-D E-M1.

It appears many of our customers have not registered for the free grip which was offered on all pre orders up to and including 30th September through Olympus. We have been in contact with Olympus regarding this and they have agreed to honour the offer to all customers which placed the orders within the set dates. As this has been a very popular camera so please do contact me as soon as possible so I can pass on all information needed to Olympus. I will try to respond to all replies as quickly as I can but am only in the office half day Friday and not back in until Monday.

If you have registered already with Olympus please could you let me know your registration number so I make sure all our customers receive one.

Further to this please do not forget to register with Olympus to be eligible to redeem a MMF-3 adapter free of charge (while stocks last). Please do read the terms and conditions for this Olympus offer at the following link and do register as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
http://special.olympus.eu/s/upgrade-omd/en

I had already registered for both offers prior to receiving this form Park.

I'll drop Park Cameras a reply and see what they can do.
Old 18th November 2013

Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,308 Posts
Liked 2,347 Times in 1,117 Posts

Just dug out my original E510 receipt gosh was it 2008! hadn't realised it was that long ago. Anyway just re-registered it as Dave suggested for completeness. I also remember getting several issues of a very nice Olympus glossy magazine when I registered originally so I really don't know what happened to my original registration.
Old 18th November 2013

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

They stopped publishing the magazine and just produced it on line a few years ago.... I liked the mag....
Old 22nd November 2013

Liked 1,010 Times in 300 Posts

My grip and MMF3 arrived this morning. I was a little worried as per the mail from Oly support they said it was posted on 11.11.13. I'd even got round to mailing then a couple of days ago but no reply yet, might end up with another one .
It was posted from Germany on 12.11.13 so has taken quite a time to reach me.
It came by courier not the postie, luckily I was in.

Seen one or two comments about the action of the shutter button being stiffer than on the body. Mine seems the same, nice and light just how I like it. Must be some sample variation.
Sunny out today so I'll go out and try it soon.

PS hope all you other who are waiting get a package today onwards.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to andym For This Useful Post:
DavyG (22nd November 2013)
Old 22nd November 2013
Senior Pixelmonger

Mine won't arrive anytime soon. I contacted Olympus a couple of days ago who said that Germany hadn't received my application. However, they were happy for me to email it to them and they would forward it to Germany.

I won't bait my breath just yet!

My Flickr site
Old 22nd November 2013

Liked 68 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
Mine won't arrive anytime soon. I contacted Olympus a couple of days ago who said that Germany hadn't received my application. However, they were happy for me to email it to them and they would forward it to Germany.

I won't bait my breath just yet!
Sorry to hear that your application has gone astray. I wonder how many others have gone that way too.
Out of interest, who is it that you contacted at Olympus in case others of us find ourselves waiting overly long for our freebies?
Thanks Stephen!
Old 22nd November 2013
Senior Pixelmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyboot View Post
Sorry to hear that your application has gone astray. I wonder how many others have gone that way too.
Out of interest, who is it that you contacted at Olympus in case others of us find ourselves waiting overly long for our freebies?
Thanks Stephen!
I'm not over worried as the chances are I won't get on with the grip anyway (I never do!).

But I simply rang Olympus Customer Support on 0080067108400. The person who answered the phone (quickly) dealt with it personally. No hanging about or being transferred to other departments. They followed it up with an email confirming that I had registered my camera, and confirming that they would take my email submission.

My Flickr site

Last edited by StephenL; 22nd November 2013 at 01:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to StephenL For This Useful Post:
wellyboot (22nd November 2013)