Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Events

Events Find out about and discuss events relating to the Olympus E-System.

Old 26th May 2011

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Orfordness National Trust Nature Reserve - 25th June 2011

All

I've booked to go on the Bombs and Beasties guided walk at the National Trust site at Orfordness, Suffolk, which according to the details is going to allow access to some of the areas normally not publically accessible.

I'm intending this to be a recy for a potential future group meet, as when I went previously the warden was very willing to arrange a day for us with access to the off-limits areas (just don't know what the off-limits consist of).

Anyway, if anyone want to join me on the 25th June for the recy, I'll more than happy to have some company, I believe there is a maximum of 24 people in the group and the intention is to walk about 5 miles over a whole day, so doesn't sound like we will be rushed.

There are some great photo opportunities from the old military buildings to birds and wild flora.

The following link provides details of how to book and the details for the day.

Regards

Simon
Old 26th May 2011
Administrator

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,473 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
Re: Orfordness National Trust Nature Reserve - 25th June 2011

Aaarrgggghhhh!

I've just booked (and paid for) a nice romantic dinner, B&B at a country house hotel for that date. Our daughter will be away on a school trip and I thought I'd treat my wife and maybe rekindle, well, you know.....

Anyway, back to Orfordness. Sorry I can't join you on this one, Simon, but I hope you have a great day and if it looks promising for a future forum meet I'll be really interested.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau