Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-300

Olympus E-300 E-300 specific discussion.

Old 15th September 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please help !!!

I'm new to my camera ... I have an E-300 evolt. I just purchased a 70-300 mm lens off of eBay. I connected it to the camera and then I checked for any updates through the Olympus site. During installation, we lost power and now, whenever I turn on the computer and connect it to the USB connection and choose "storage" it is stuck on "one moment."

If I disconnect it from the USB and go into the menu settings, it says my firmware is 1.5 for the body and 1.0 for the lens.

I cannot, however, get past the "one moment" screen to upload my photos (I realize I can get a card reader, but ... have I done any damage?"

So have I done any damage or is there any way to get past this "one moment" frozen screen? I have tried to open the firmware updating software and it does NOT recognize that my camera is connected to my PC.

HELP PLEASE
Old 15th September 2013

Liked 564 Times in 336 Posts
Re: Please help !!!

Hi, as a first step, check that the dial on the top is set to "A", this may be all you need to reset the menu.
Old 15th September 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No. I tried that. I tried doing a reset (using the menu options), and I also tried doing a "hard" reset by holding the display / ok keys. Having the dial on "A" did nothing.

When I plug the camera into the PC via the USB cord and choose "storage," it is stuck on "one moment."

This happened after I tried to update the firmware for my new 70-300 mm lens and lost power during the process.

HELP please ...
Old 16th September 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,164 Times in 2,472 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts

You could try removing the battery from the camera and leaving it out for at least 24 hours, failing that it looks like a call to Olympus service for some advice.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau