Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 29th July 2009
DannyH

Some landscapes from Alaska

These are some shots from my Alaska trip. The first three are on Glacier bay. The last one is on a train from Whitter to Danali state park and shows a low tide from one of the many bays.

Old 29th July 2009
EH1

Smile Re: Some landscapes from Alaska

The last shot is amazing!
Old 29th July 2009
ndl0071

Re: Some landscapes from Alaska

Lovely set, fav is No4 I would however be tempted to crop the bottom to take out the beach which is distracting (to me anyway).

Old 29th July 2009
Administrator

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,473 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndl0071 View Post
Lovely set, fav is No4 I would however be tempted to crop the bottom to take out the beach which is distracting (to me anyway).

I agree with Neil. Cropping like he suggests also bring the water channels into play as leading lines and really improves the composition. Great shot!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 29th July 2009
DannyH

Thanks for the replies. I'll try a crop and see how it turns out. It was a hard shot on a moving train that only gave views between trees every now and then.
Old 29th July 2009

Liked 66 Times in 31 Posts

I love the pale blues in the glaciers, such a contrast from the "dirty" brown on the same part of the glacier. It must be great to be able to see something like that for real.

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!
Old 29th July 2009
DannyH

I did a straight crop to drop the stones and thought it lost a little of the impact, so I went a little bigger and cloned out the stone. I do like the image better without that distraction.

Old 30th July 2009
Administrator

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,473 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts

Ha! I agree. Without the stones it looks a whole lot better, nice cloning job! A fantastic image, especially in view of the fact that it was shot from a moving train,

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau