Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 9th September 2012
DanCat

Greetings from Worcester

Hello fellow friends.

I think its about time I join a forum with many folk who appreciate the good old Oly's as much as I do.
I've owned my e600 for nearly 4 years now but have been passionate photos as far as I remember.
I love to photograph the unnorm as well as the common, either way I love photography in all forms.
I'm currently on another forum which has a brilliant and friendly atmosphere, it's not as specific in terms of camera brands as this one, however, it is the only (now of course this one) forum I use. Do pop by and introduce yourself realphotographerforum.com
Anyway, I'm not hear to poach. I'm here because all you great folk are. We all own/had/used an Olympus
I was once told by a fellow friend (also a photog) that there are two types of photographers.... One who shoots a scene/scenario that's interesting to the individual or others, to create a frame by what's been given or available to them...
And the other, who creates or composes a scene/scenario to make a frame interesting. Either way, we are all established in what we do best, create a scene, or use a scene available. Take a pic of a flower or do something different with it
Old 10th September 2012

Liked 1,010 Times in 300 Posts
Re: Greetings from Worcester

Hello and welcome.I think your thread fell of the end a bit quickly for a lot of people to see it.
I have come to know Worcester very well over the last couple of years as my daughter is at the Uni there.Lovely part of the world.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr
Old 10th September 2012

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Welcome I am not sure there is a difference between the two types you state ?
or have I missed something ?
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 10th September 2012
DanCat

Haha! Thanks guys. That cut off left something to think about didn't it? :/ probably not in a good way.
I did read it back the next day whilst i was a bit more conscious and thought to myself, what jibberish am talking now??!!
Do excuse me guys and gals whislt a make best efforts in redeeming myself.
What i'm trying to say (now minus the pop) is that, I believe that we as photographers fall into two categories when it comes to framing a photo.
One will either be happy with what's given to them there and then, the person feels in their element to snap up a shot without having to dictate anything within the frame, the secret sniper, exicuting brilliant masterpieces by just sitting back with minimal effort and maximum satisfaction. OR
the other likes to arrange things/people around to suit, and/or get involved with the shot, create light art, putting themselves in stupendously vulnerable and dangerous position to get that desired shot by delivering an unfamiliar perspective.
I'm not stating that folk are to select the mad bucket or not when they pick up a camera. What it is I'm trying to project is that everybody has their own level of determination in achieving results they desire in their minds eyes, weather you play it safe or go that one step further.
I do apologise folks, haven't gone off the the best start in the world.....
Hope that makes better sense
Ta