Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Standard zoom and mid range

Standard zoom and mid range Lenses with focal lengths larger than 12mm, but no longer than 60mm, includes standard zooms and portrait primes plus some macro lenses.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th May 2017

Liked 1,743 Times in 647 Posts
Panasonic 20mm f1.7 vs Olympus 17mm f1.8

Has anyone done a back to back comparison of these two lenses?

I currently have a Panasonic 20mm, and it's a very good very small lens, stunning IQ for such a small lens, makes the camera very discrete - but is slow to focus in comparison to the Olympus lenses I have (mainly PRO)

So:
  • Is the IQ as good or better than the Panny?
  • Is the focussing as good or faster?
  • How much of an advantage is the manual focus clutch (I'm aware of the focus assist not operating with this lens in manual)
  • How much bigger than the tiny Panny is it?

Some Olympus stuff
I didn't get where I am today...