Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen E-P1

Olympus Pen E-P1 The first Olympus Micro Four Thirds camera.

Old 8th April 2012
ianbirkett

Spare batteries

I was having a look around for spare batteries for my e-p1. Seen some which are 2000mAh 7.4V. I'm just a bit worried by the 7.4V as my original Olympus battery is 7.2v. Has anyone used these and got any advice for me? Thanks. Ian.
Old 6th June 2012
Macpics

Re: Spare batteries

Hi Ian,

I would always recommend manufacturers batteries only. You probably won't harm the camera but you might find that other makes don't hold the charge as long and don't have such robust contacts, amongst other things. In the long run I think it's cheaper to stick to the suppliers spares. I've also been through the loop with OEM continuous ink flow system and they always end up clogging the printer heads. Hope this helps. Cheers

Stan
Old 6th June 2012

Liked 65 Times in 52 Posts
Re: Spare batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpics View Post
I would always recommend manufacturers batteries only. You probably won't harm the camera but you might find that other makes don't hold the charge as long.
Hear, hear. This has ALWAYS been my experience. I have ordered an original Olympus BLN-1 spare battery for my OM-D even though there are cheaper spares on e-bay at less than a third of the cost.

I have a Canon S95 that I use for underwater photography with a suitable kit. The original Canon battery lasts 3 dives and even then has 2/3 of the charge left. The Ino-V8 replacement spare lasts a dive and a half, starting to flash red towards the end of the second dive.