Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19th February 2012
jdal's Avatar
jdal jdal is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,052
Thanks: 129
Thanked 503 Times in 439 Posts
Likes: 203
Liked 665 Times in 283 Posts
More signs of senility

This is getting serious now. In addition to ALWAYS leaving the gas on after making the porrige, a new sign of creeping brain rot has arrived.

I was shooting buttresses on a crag for a guide, and I needed a wide lens, but not an ultrawide, so I took the 12-60 with me. When I got there it wasn't wide enough, so I put it down to just being rubbish at photography and not being able to judge which lens was needed for a job.

Today we were off for a seaside walk, so I decided to take the 50-200 + EC14. Despite searching every bag and cupboard I couldn't find the EC14 anywhere.

You can see where this is going can't you.

It was sitting on the end of my 12-60 where it had been for weeks
__________________
John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19th February 2012
PeterBirder's Avatar
PeterBirder PeterBirder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BRAINTREE ESSEX
Posts: 5,950
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Likes: 1,922
Liked 798 Times in 467 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Glad I'm not the only one.
I constantly loose things for weeks at a time, just this week I found the bigma tripod mount and Manfrotto QR plate I've been looking for for ages when I went looking for something else I'd "lost". Of course I'd put them away safely so I wouldn't loose them. Just couldn't remember where the safe place was.

If SWMBO asks me to get more than two items from the shop I have to take a list but then I still have to remember where I put the list!

It winds me up no end and I think I'm going to have to take up meditation or something if it gets much worse.

Regards
__________________
Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19th February 2012
Chevvyf1's Avatar
Chevvyf1 Chevvyf1 is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 12,269
Thanks: 1,744
Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Likes: 1,169
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Well chaps YOUR NOT ALONE ! and its not a male thing

Today we found the "Christmas wine goblets and a few other special Christmas New Year Table items" we hunted EVERYWHERE FOR ... Nick turned everything out in the loft and the Xmas lights shed and I looked in the rest of the house ...

Nick found them in the loft, in a blue plastic storage box marked XMAS

I regularly am unable to immediately locate a lens; camera bag or the Cornflour or Demara sugar ...
__________________
.
.
[I].
.
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19th February 2012
Ulfric M Douglas Ulfric M Douglas is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 2,895
Thanks: 263
Thanked 234 Times in 215 Posts
Likes: 128
Liked 172 Times in 119 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Well, a bit stuck on a lens looks a lot like a bit of the lens ...
So don't call the hospice just yet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19th February 2012
Chevvyf1's Avatar
Chevvyf1 Chevvyf1 is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 12,269
Thanks: 1,744
Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Likes: 1,169
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdal View Post
This is getting serious now. In addition to ALWAYS leaving the gas on after making the porrige, a new sign of creeping brain rot has arrived.

I was shooting buttresses on a crag for a guide, and I needed a wide lens, but not an ultrawide, so I took the 12-60 with me. When I got there it wasn't wide enough, so I put it down to just being rubbish at photography and not being able to judge which lens was needed for a job.

Today we were off for a seaside walk, so I decided to take the 50-200 + EC14. Despite searching every bag and cupboard I couldn't find the EC14 anywhere.

You can see where this is going can't you.

It was sitting on the end of my 12-60 where it had been for weeks
Just a late thought ... it maybe your brain is missing valued and MUCH NEEDED Calories and fats and sugars ... and its the Missus' diet that is causing these brain lapses ...
__________________
.
.
[I].
.
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19th February 2012
PeterBirder's Avatar
PeterBirder PeterBirder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BRAINTREE ESSEX
Posts: 5,950
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Likes: 1,922
Liked 798 Times in 467 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
Just a late thought ... it maybe your brain is missing valued and MUCH NEEDED Calories and fats and sugars ... and its the Missus' diet that is causing these brain lapses ...
I don't think that can be his problem Chevvy, it certainly isn't mine. I recently had my annual MOT with my GP and her hi tech NHS computer system told her that from my last blood test my "bad" cholesterol level is OK but my "good" cholesterol level is low. This apparently means that I have a 30% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 year(I prefer to think of it as a 70% chance of NOT having one.) She's given me a two part solution.


1. Reduce Calories,Fats and Sugars.

2. Tablets called Statins to reduce the "bad" cholesterol.
These now give me two new problems.

a) Statins can cause liver problems so I now have an x% chance of liver
problems as well.
b) All my other medication I take in the morning but these have to be
taken at night. SO I now have a big sign pinned on the medicine
cabinet to remind me to take them.

Too much information I think.

Good job I have a sense of humour or I'd need anti-depressents as well.
__________________
Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19th February 2012
Homer Simpson Homer Simpson is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loughborough
Posts: 556
Thanks: 82
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Likes: 26
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

I was going to recount a witty story about my bad memory - but i've forgotton what it was
__________________
E1, E520, ED14-42, ED 40-150, 70-300, Various legacy including 50mm f2 macro.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Homer Simpson For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (19th February 2012)
  #8  
Old 19th February 2012
Homer Simpson Homer Simpson is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loughborough
Posts: 556
Thanks: 82
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Likes: 26
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBirder View Post
I don't think that can be his problem Chevvy, it certainly isn't mine. I recently had my annual MOT with my GP and her hi tech NHS computer system told her that from my last blood test my "bad" cholesterol level is OK but my "good" cholesterol level is low. This apparently means that I have a 30% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 year(I prefer to think of it as a 70% chance of NOT having one.) She's given me a two part solution.


1. Reduce Calories,Fats and Sugars.

2. Tablets called Statins to reduce the "bad" cholesterol.
These now give me two new problems.

a) Statins can cause liver problems so I now have an x% chance of liver
problems as well.
b) All my other medication I take in the morning but these have to be
taken at night. SO I now have a big sign pinned on the medicine
cabinet to remind me to take them.

Too much information I think.

Good job I have a sense of humour or I'd need anti-depressents as well.
I' d not worry too much - you'll probuably get run over by a bus before then
__________________
E1, E520, ED14-42, ED 40-150, 70-300, Various legacy including 50mm f2 macro.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Homer Simpson For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (19th February 2012)
  #9  
Old 19th February 2012
Chevvyf1's Avatar
Chevvyf1 Chevvyf1 is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 12,269
Thanks: 1,744
Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Likes: 1,169
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBirder View Post
I don't think that can be his problem Chevvy, it certainly isn't mine. I recently had my annual MOT with my GP and her hi tech NHS computer system told her that from my last blood test my "bad" cholesterol level is OK but my "good" cholesterol level is low. This apparently means that I have a 30% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 year(I prefer to think of it as a 70% chance of NOT having one.) She's given me a two part solution.


1. Reduce Calories,Fats and Sugars.

2. Tablets called Statins to reduce the "bad" cholesterol.
These now give me two new problems.

a) Statins can cause liver problems so I now have an x% chance of liver
problems as well.
b) All my other medication I take in the morning but these have to be
taken at night. SO I now have a big sign pinned on the medicine
cabinet to remind me to take them.

Too much information I think.

Good job I have a sense of humour or I'd need anti-depressents as well.

DH (Not married to) Nick and Myself have an armoured Securicor delivery of our monthly Prescriptions inc. Statins; anti liver/stomach problem "liners"; Class A Morphine based night pain drugs; underactive Thyroid drugs ; Anti inflammatories ; day painkillers

If you watch the Eggs & Cholestrol prog BBC last week - you can learn about which foods to eat as "First Aid" and to enable CAKE etc., SAFE CONSUMPTION
__________________
.
.
[I].
.
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chevvyf1 For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (19th February 2012)
  #10  
Old 19th February 2012
PeterBirder's Avatar
PeterBirder PeterBirder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BRAINTREE ESSEX
Posts: 5,950
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Likes: 1,922
Liked 798 Times in 467 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
I' d not worry too much - you'll probuably get run over by a bus before then
Yes that was my thought too but I now have a phobia about buses.

This thread has cheered me up no end.
Keep em coming guys.
__________________
Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 19th February 2012
jdal's Avatar
jdal jdal is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,052
Thanks: 129
Thanked 503 Times in 439 Posts
Likes: 203
Liked 665 Times in 283 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBirder View Post
.....
Good job I have a sense of humour or I'd need anti-depressents as well.
They have pills for a sense of humour. My mother in law was on them.
__________________
John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdal For This Useful Post:
Falk (20th February 2012), PeterBirder (19th February 2012)
  #12  
Old 19th February 2012
PeterBirder's Avatar
PeterBirder PeterBirder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BRAINTREE ESSEX
Posts: 5,950
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Likes: 1,922
Liked 798 Times in 467 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
DH (Not married to) Nick and Myself have an armoured Securicor delivery of our monthly Prescriptions inc. Statins; anti liver/stomach problem "liners"; Class A Morphine based night pain drugs; underactive Thyroid drugs ; Anti inflammatories ; day painkillers
I know what you mean, I'm catching you up.
2x Thyroxine tabs, 2x blood pressure tabs, statins and a nasal spray for the sinuses. Oh and batteries for the hearing aids.

No wonder the pharaceutical companies do so well keeping us "senior citizens" ticking.
__________________
Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19th February 2012
Zuiko's Avatar
Zuiko Zuiko is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dunmow, Essex
Posts: 22,251
Thanks: 1,998
Thanked 3,182 Times in 2,486 Posts
Likes: 3,477
Liked 4,532 Times in 2,155 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdal View Post
ALWAYS leaving the gas on after making the porrige
It's far worse when you light the gas and can't remember why!
__________________
John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zuiko For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (19th February 2012)
  #14  
Old 19th February 2012
sponner sponner is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Staffordshire Moorlands
Posts: 1,211
Thanks: 12
Thanked 164 Times in 143 Posts
Likes: 7
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Its even worse when you waste 5 matches lighting the hob then remeber you switched to halogen.
__________________
hearts at peace under an English heaven
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sponner For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (19th February 2012)
  #15  
Old 19th February 2012
Zuiko's Avatar
Zuiko Zuiko is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dunmow, Essex
Posts: 22,251
Thanks: 1,998
Thanked 3,182 Times in 2,486 Posts
Likes: 3,477
Liked 4,532 Times in 2,155 Posts
Re: More signs of senility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponner View Post
Its even worse when you waste 5 matches lighting the hob then remeber you switched to halogen.
At least you remembered where the matches were kept!
__________________
John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Signs of Village life snaarman Foto Fair 4 15th February 2012 10:04 PM
Signs Of Autumn OlyPaul Foto Fair 2 17th September 2011 07:12 PM
Signs of spring at last snaarman Foto Fair 7 17th January 2010 09:19 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:02 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger