Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Exhibitions, stock photos, professional work

Exhibitions, stock photos, professional work This board concentrates on topics that explore the potential of your photography being seen by a wider audience and even earning you some money.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd July 2011
Administrator

Thanked 3,179 Times in 2,484 Posts
Liked 4,526 Times in 2,153 Posts
Running A Craft Stall

Well, it's too late to back out now, the car is packed ready for my card and photo stall to make it's debut tomorrow at the local school fete. Just to make sure it really is a baptism of fire I'm also booked for a RSPCA fun day on Sunday.

The project seems to have snowballed regarding investment. So far I've purchased a new printer, gazebo, banquet table, two easels, print browser, card rack, three card display baskets, plastic boxes to transport cards, business cards and holders, A4 leaflet display stands and album filled with 8x6 prints to act as a catalogue. I was also going to (still am) purchase a PVC banner but ran out of time. Add to this a reasonable stock of card blanks, envelopes and cellophane bags, spare printer ink, plus the cost of lab prints, mounts and frames and I've spent somewhere in the region of 450! That could have gone a long way towards buying one of the new Pens or even an E-5.

I got quite a shock when I totalled it up, but at least I can offset it against tax, assuming that I'm not being too optomistic in hoping to earn some taxable income from this venture.

My stock for the weekend consists of 225 cards, 18 12x8 prints in 16x12 mounts and 3 16x12 prints in 20x16 frames (mainly to act as an example of what can be printed from my catalogue, although they are for sale if anyone wants them)

The big question is will I emerge from the weekend with a vastly depleted stock and a fatter wallet or on Sunday night will I still have 225 cards, 18 mounted prints and 3 framed prints? It'll be interesting to see what happens and, good, bad or just plain embarrasing, I'll let you know.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau