Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 1,341 Times in 507 Posts
Newbury on fire!

Over the weekend Newbury hosted an arty event. They do this sometimes. They had stilt walkers once. They had a lantern parade.

This year they had a Fire Garden and the town centre was filled with a lurid arrangement of braziers, fire filled trees, various automata incuding fire, and lots and lots of little pots with fire in them.

It was quite a spectacle on Sunday evening (the only day it didn't rain I suspect) and the streets were jammed with families, kids, dogs, pickpockets, photographers and occasional marshals.

Considering you have to have to carry out a risk assessment before kids can play conkers - how on earth did they get away with loose fire all over the town? **

So - pictures above were either my Pen F with the 45mm or my phone (I wish I had taken the 12mm F2)

Pete

** If it helps, the fire garden was put on by an art group from France - where presumably no one gives a ship.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Internaut (1 Week Ago), Keith-369 (1 Week Ago), MJ224 (1 Week Ago), OM USer (1 Week Ago), Ross the fiddler (6 Days Ago), wornish (1 Week Ago), Zuiko (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 721 Times in 303 Posts
Re: Newbury on fire!

Nicely captured, and a little luck with the weather. It seems to be grotty pretty much everywhere at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Internaut For This Useful Post:
snaarman (1 Week Ago)