Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus

Lens focus The place to talk about your camera's glassware.

Old 16th March 2009
Kiwi Paul

Thumbs up E3 and 25mm Pancake lens

I recently bought the 25mm pancake lens, primarily to use with the E520 when I don't want to lug the E3 and 12-60 about (dog walks etc) and while it's great to use with the 520 the other day I went to the beach with the dogs and took the E3 with the pancake and I was really impressed with that combo, the lens is so small and light that you don't even notice it on the E3 (infact you can hardly see it on the E3 ) it's just like carrying the E3 body about and thats quite manageable, I love the pancake lens, I used to use primes back in my fiilm camera days but have only had zooms with my digital cameras and I forgot how much fun using a prime can be.

Paul
Old 17th March 2009

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts
Re: E3 and 25mm Pancake lens

Yea I know what you mean, I very often just take the 25mm pancake and 50mm macro with me.

Reminds me of my film days when my favourite carry round kit used to be a 24mm, 35mm and 90mm primes ( forget zooms). Now all I need is 12mm prime from Oly and I'd be as happy as larry.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/
Old 17th March 2009
ndl0071

Re: E3 and 25mm Pancake lens

I'm glad to hear of your positive experience with the E3 + Pancake combo, I've recently ordered the pancake as part of the current Oly promo as I too miss the old primes, I'm really looking forward to getting back to basics and challenging myself after years of using zooms