Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 28th December 2011

Liked 397 Times in 112 Posts
E600, 2 lenses and case......Possibly!

I'm testing the water a little really. Even though I'm 100% happy with this gear when I use it, I do find myself leaving it at home because I can't be bothered taking a DSLR with me when we're out and about. So I'm thinking of selling up to downsize to something I'm less reluctant to lug around with me - possibly a Canon G12

So...........

E600 and both kit lenses (with hoods and caps)
Spare battery
E system padded case - this one http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/19...e_ii_20683.htm

The body and 14-42 kit was bought as a factory recon set and had a low shutter count which I haven't added to much. I bought the 40-150 from someone on here.

All in superb condition.

Not really sure on price - there's not much to compare with out there, but there are a couple of single kit sets on ebay for 289+???

So how about 300 +post

Thanks
Chris
Old 29th December 2011
Topsyrm

Re: E600, 2 lenses and case......Possibly!

Hi Chris, you may regret "downsizing" since no matter how good a compact is it will never be as good as a DSLR. That said, if you are determined then look closely at the Fujifilm X10 which was the only new compact to tempt me away from my old Canon G10 as a carry everywhere camera. It has some specs that knock the current Canon/Nikon compacts into the proverbial cocked hat, its a bit pricier though.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
hihi2u2 (1st January 2012)
Old 31st December 2011
leeo

Hi Chris, I have signed up to this forum as I would be interested in purchasing your camera for an upcoming Australia trip. If you are keen on letting it go I would pay 310 delivered. Many Thanks.
Lee.

PS: Hello and a happy new year to everyone out there.
Old 1st January 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm with Topsyrm I'm afraid. I plumped for a G9 so wife could use it. In the end I upgraded to the 600 and havent looked back. I keep the G9 for real pocket outings and for when the wife wants a bit of extra zoom on her supercompact. I cant see myself dropping either.
Tough call.
Old 2nd January 2012

Liked 397 Times in 112 Posts

Just realised that the G12 doesn't have wireless remote which is an absolute must for me, therefore I'd have to buy a third party unit like the hannel (which i need to buy for the olympus if i keep it) That ontop of the purchase price makes it a very expensive compact

I'm not that keen on posting expensive delicate kit either - may have to keep it
Old 2nd January 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Replying to PM
Old 2nd January 2012
Topsyrm

Hi Chris,

Not allowed yet to send pm but in answer to your question there is no remote release facility but there is a screw threadded shutter release which works with the traditional type cable release and longer air releases which are still available from amazon etc. There is a good forum called Fuji X10 user group on a website called ephotzine.com (not allowed to put a link in ) which has lots of experience to draw on. Hope this helps.
Old 2nd January 2012
leeo

Hi Chris,
Here is my opinion on your dilemma, it seems you don't want to sell the camera and if I was you, I wouldn't. I got into photography about 3 years ago and bought a canon 30d with 10-22, 18-55 and 100-300 lenses. I also had a waterproof housing for taking surfing shots. I really enjoyed using it but like you I found I wouldn't take it anywhere because it was too large and cumbersome. I then sold everything and bought a canon g10 also with waterproof case. I even found this too large, it would still have to be carried seperately rather than being comfortably pocketable. I have since bought the fuji f550 as it has large zoom in a small body. Now I have come full circle and want a dslr again for the days when I can be bothered to carry it and specifically travel. If I was you I would keep what you have got and then save up and buy a canon s100 or s95 as these are true compacts with manual control and excellent IQ. This would mean you have the best of both worlds.

I will assume you don't want to sell and attempt to source a e-600 or e-620 from somewhere else, let me know if you change your mind.

Regards,

Lee